Registry bestiary quest bug

I found that I can't finish quest that requires to registry 10 creatures. Even though I've finished early access and my bestiary says I have 17 creatures in there. Anyone else had that bug?

i think it only starts registering when u start the quest. so if u had like 8 creatures in ur beastiary u wouldnt have gotten enough creatures saved in it yet

sebastienrivas's Avatar Member
    what would be best is if the bestiary takes into account 100% or finished bestiary logs. When you open the bestiary you see that some monsters may be already known 100% of their skills, character attributes etc... while others are barely known.

I would propose to take into account the 100% known bestiary only which mean reformulate the bestiary quest to provide cues that only thoroughly known beasts account for the quest. After all the quest giver wants details.
    This means this quest would not be able to get done at this point and stage of Beta but it would make sense considering the mechanics of the bestiary log.

kochanski's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by KirillPashkov Go to original post
    I found that I can't finish quest that requires to registry 10 creatures. Even though I've finished early access and my bestiary says I have 17 creatures in there. Anyone else had that bug?
    on my second run thru, post un-official patch, with my custom party, this quest was granted success at 10 and upped to 20 creatures as a followup quest,
    I've got 2 more 2 find...
    PS this time I continued after portmeyron quest and have some ghost kills to my name

I agree #3 sebastienrivas, great idea even if only in full release.

So do we have an official clue to this? Is it correct that it counts things you saw when you got the quest, not what you have in general? (Although im pretty sure i took the quest before even leaving town)

I have over 10 monsters, definitely, but can't turn it in and its still in the quest list. I had Early Access installed through Steam, Steam grabbed the patch on release day and i started a new game.