Saving wealth for forgotten wars release?

Hey guys,

I am fairly new to the game, I've only been playing for a week. So far I haven't spend any of my gold or seals on packs. With Forgotten Wars around the corner it seems silly to spend it now while all those purchases will have the added chance of wildcards in a couple of weeks. Anyone else taking this approach or would it be better to expand my collection now and just see what the new expansion brings?

I do wait with my seals (1.5k atm) for a new expansion, couse of wildcards and ofc FW box, but If you play for so short, and I assume your card pool isn't big yet, I'd wait with buing any expansions now since what you need are core cards from basic.
    New cards wont help you create a good deck, even If you will try to do an academy deck (couse of lack of base spells ect).
    .So yeah, wait till new exp but still mind basic cards first then expansions

It really depends on how you feel about it. I'd definitely save seals (since those should have guaranteed Wild Cards,) but as for gold it depends on whether saving will keep you playing or not.

If buying a pack here or there will encourage you to keep playing, then you may be able to save more because if you play more, you'll earn more. I know when i was saving for Heroic Packs I played less often because it required me to play longer between packs than when I was buying reinforcement packs. So it really depends on how much willpower you have to save up your gold, and whether or not you'll keep playing in the meantime even without getting new cards.

My suggestion is to save seals and to only buy a reinforcement pack with gold, now and then.
    Just enough to tide you over till the Expansion is released.

But generally I'd say save seals and gold if you can.

I've been saving seals for ages as I was anticipating a hefty sale on Herald boxes before the expansion (as Void boxes went on sale for like 45% off before the last one).. sadly that's not going to happen but the introduction of wildcards makes the decision still look pretty good. I'm currently at 8275 seals

I would agree, at least keep your seals as they are gonna give guaranteed wild cards.

If you want to actually play in the mean time that's going to be hard work if you don't spend any gold on reinforcement packs to improve your decks, and that probably won't cost you too many wildcards in the long run as they are most likely going to be quite rare in those.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll be spending my gold then and saving my seals for the expansion .

wildcards meaning ?

Originally Posted by lambros90 Go to original post
    wildcards meaning ?
    In the next expansion each booster will give you a chance to get a wildcard (100% chance on Forgotten Wars boosters). Wildcards can be used in a new system to create the card(s) you want.

Originally Posted by CelestialSeraph Go to original post
    In the next expansion each booster will give you a chance to get a wildcard (100% chance on Forgotten Wars boosters). Wildcards can be used in a new system to create the card(s) you want.
    i think it's 100% chance if you buy the packs with seal. boxes don't warrant 10 wildcards but will contain a guaranteed amount.

packs you buy with golds will have an unkown not null chance to containa wildcards.

i am saving up with gold too because you can still expect to get a couple of wildcards from them and i have no need to improve my deck and get to 1000 ELO where i will get stomped.
    i'd rather slowly farm and keep everything then buy a serious box, tons of packs when forgotten war is released and get to 1000 ELO.