Dome500's Avatar Senior Member

Bug Report thread

Ok, everyone who's got a bug to report (because he wants to help solve the problems) no matter if technical, gameplay or cutscene bug, no matter if Singleplayer, Coop or Spies vs Mercs, you can do this here.

Hopefully the mods can sticky this and we can collect the bugs in here for Ubisoft to see them in one thread and better solve the problems.

Lets start with the loss of game progress and ranking due to the "Update" that was *forced* on Uplay users. Any way to fix this UBISOFT? I sure would like to pick up where I left off (20+ hours in). I saved my game files, but they are rendered useless as new ones are created upon launching into a new game (forced to do this because of update).
     1 people found this helpful

Biggest problem that me and my cousin have had is when doing the co-op mission Abandoned City, it freezes at the very end of the mission and it can't be completed. We've switched which player we were and have done the board 4 times with the same result every time.

Bug: Host migration issue
    Reproducible: Always
    Platform: Xbox 360

Step(s) needed to reproduce:
    1. Host leaves game

Expected/Desired Result:
    - New host is selected, game continues where left off

Actual Result:
    - Everyone is put back into lobby, game ends

Originally Posted by speedfreak69 Go to original post
    Biggest problem that me and my cousin have had is when doing the co-op mission Abandoned City, it freezes at the very end of the mission and it can't be completed. We've switched which player we were and have done the board 4 times with the same result every time.
    Yeah I've been getting that one - its damn annoying. I can't finish it on realistic or higher because one of us usually dies. The AI just stop spawning at a point and we are unable to finish the mission.

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Someome sticky this please.

Thanks guys for helping.

Still having the problem in SvM where pressing the cover key puts me in active sprint.
    I still have the times when it says press "Joy_8" or so in certain situations, but it isn't much of a problem as I can still interact with it.
    Still jump over cover if holding forward and pressing the cover button.
    Would like the ability to change cover from toggle to hold.
    Host migration still doesn't work.

Dellers's Avatar Senior Member
    Reloading checkpoints and restarting missions from the menu causes the game to load certain parts wrong, for instance:

Enemies suddenly have buggy movement, like in the train where the first guys will not move through the doors.

Some exploration points are impossible to get after reloading checkpoints.

A window with exploration points isn't possible go through on Detention Facility.

The bunch of enemies on Safehouse do not spawn after reloading/restarting 1-4 times, and once gone they won't reappear unless I start the mission again from the Paladin. This is true for all the issues related to reloading/restarting, going back to the Paladin resolves the issues.

Uhhh........can I say the whole game........
    -
    The action button does not always perform the action as listed on the screen. It may say "A climb pole" but Sam is almost as likely to jump over a nearby box as his is to actually climb the pole, or flip the light switch instead of opening/closing the door, or peek under a door instead of opening it, etc. etc. There is a door in the train yard, by the laptop, that I just can not close from the outside. Every time I try to close it from the outside Sam "ski's" to the inside and closes it from the inside. For ten minutes I tried to close that door from the outside but it just would not do it. Why even give me the option to close when standing outside if I can't?
    -
    Even the "B" button to drop off ledge or take cover is screwy. If you're near a wall that also has a ledge, do not trust the "B take cover" action-you'll probably jump off the ledge instead. There are a few maps when that happens even though you are nowhere near the ledge. Sam just "ski's" across the screen and drops. The entire game is like this.
    -
    And where is the consistency of Sam sticking in cover? Sometimes I can't get Sam out of cover for the world. A dog or something may be coming and I have to move, but Sam just sticks there and you just can't seem to move him for anything and at other times, when you want him to stick, a single breath on the controller pops him right out of cover and in the middle of everything. A little consistency here would be nice.
    -
    Try running around a corner, especially stairs with corner. Chances are your man will jump the ledge and hang there instead of actually running around the corner, doesn't seem to matter how wide you try to take that corner.
    -
    And the co-op, oh goodness. You die for no apparent reason half the time, you're just suddenly dead even though there was nothing around you and no one shooting at you. It's glitchy as hell. Just last night was trying to revive my co-op partner when suddenly during the revive I was on the other side if the map, a part I had yet to even go towards, then I was in a different part of the map, then a different part. All the while I was reviving someone. When the revive was done, I was nowhere near my partner and out in the middle of the map. This type of thing happens all the time and it gets sickening, combine that with the above and co-op can be more than a little frustrating.
    -
    I'm sorry but I expect better of UbiSoft. I mean really, is it too much to ask that your character does what you tell him to do. I refuse to buy AC just because your man often goes off in some random direction. So, it's not just a SC issue, it's an UbiSoft issue. I don't believe it's too much to ask that I get a character that will do what I tell him to do. Yes, this sometimes happens with others games, it's just seems rampant in all UbiSoft games. Conviction, though at times did this, was nowhere near as prone but still did this more so than the average non-Ubisoft game that I play. Why the hell can't UbiSoft make a game with good payer control mechanics?
    -
    The horrible mechanics, combined with what I feel is a lack luster and chopped up story and lack of co-op content, makes me wonder just what the hell did I spend $60 on. I have preordered every SC game since the original and am now wondering if I would have been better buying this one used for a reduced price, cause this sure seems like a waste right now to me, on the whole that is.
    -
    Big bugs, sure they're easy to spot and easy to fix. But, little bugs - that's what defines the game. And this entire game is riddled with little bugs that should not be there and tells me just exactly what type of attention, or lack thereof, actually went onto this game.

Platform : PC

When i start the game (Uplay connecting screen comes) and i press on anything (say utorrent) and than come back to uplay the display settings are reverted to windows mode, i than have to go to settings and fix it.

Secondly often the game recognize the controller (xbox 360 wireless connected via usb ****le) but it fails to register any movement from it, i have to take out battery and start it again in order to make it work

In couple of co-op missions where you have to revive your team mate there is no option to revive them

when my team mate is detected it seems to me that i am visible to everyone and everything even if i am on the other corner of the map

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... Last ►►