silvermercy's Avatar AC Expert
    If they base it on the AC1 game I have the feeling the whole story (with both Altair and Desmond) will be entirely re-written and won't follow the game closely at all. (Almost like a new game).

So far, I haven't seen any AC fans that excited to see AC1 on the big screen; however that doesn't mean they won't go and see it.

And of course there's the problem of Michael Fassbender not looking like either Altair or Desmond. Sure, there's always make up but I'm betting there will be some reactions.

Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    That doesn't make sense. Are you saying no hardcore Lord of the Rings fans went to see the movies because after all, they had already read the books?

It's possible that the AC movie may as well not mention the specific 2012 date at all and just say Desmond has to stop an impending disaster sometime in the near future.
    maybe i'm the minority but I just don't want to see something that i've already played

Originally Posted by Raibuscus Go to original post
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/46883...m#.Uh1RgZKGG_E

I think that's enough evidence right there.
    Someone blogged about it?! It must be true!!! :O
    *Writes blog about Assassin's Creed Genesis and makes a PS4 cover with signature and posts it for pre order on Amazon*
    ;D ;D

Raibuscus's Avatar Senior Member
    This guy right here

------------------->

Should play Ezio, they used his face for some AC games (Ezio) , his name is Joe Manganiello and he's Italian aswell.

I saw that hoodie on ebay before. They must be cutting costs. xD

Aphex_Tim's Avatar Senior Member
    Fanmade or not, Fassbender would make a pretty good Desmond, judging from that poster!

Originally Posted by Aphex_Tim Go to original post
    Fanmade or not, Fassbender would make a pretty good Desmond, judging from that poster!
    The fact that it is fan made, I've seen it on Tumblr.

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Raibuscus Go to original post
    This guy right here

------------------->

Should play Ezio, they used his face for some AC games (Ezio) , his name is Joe Manganiello and he's Italian aswell.
    This guy could be just a model who knows nothing about acting. Movies should never use actors for looks alone. I want someone who can capture Ezio's character, not just his appearance.

My only concern with Michael Fassbender possibly playing Desmond or Altaïr is that he's a bit too old. Desmond was about 25, Fassbender is 36.

This guy could be just a model who knows nothing about acting. Movies should never use actors for looks alone. I want someone who can capture Ezio's character, not just his appearance.

My only concern with Michael Fassbender possibly playing Desmond or Altaïr is that he's a bit too old. Desmond was about 25, Fassbender is 36.
    Wasn't Magneto approximately 25-28 in X-Men: First Class movie? Looked pretty well there, in terms of age (or, well, perceived age).

silvermercy's Avatar AC Expert
    Well, 30 year olds have traditionally played high-school students in movies. lol Shouldn't be a problem...

(At this point he may not even play Desmond, but another "surprise" descendant... )