Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush Go to original post
    Hi and welcome to the forums, if you have tried the suggestions then please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.
    Having the same problem. Ticket opened but really why should each of us need to open a ticket like this? Not being able to connect to LAN? I mean really? I thought Ubisoft was supposed to be repairing relationships with PC gamers. This isn't doing it for me. Also not to mention I download the digital copy, get ready to play only to find I need to spend the rest of the evening to download 5 more patches. What?

When I download a game from Steam it is patch at download to the latest patch. Something more needs to be done than we should each open a ticket. Really it should be fixed and we just go play our games. Support people go home. Ubisoft makes money, gamers happy. Waiting for the next great game. But this once again is anything but. Sorry but I have developed a real distaste for Ubisoft as a pc gamer because of issues like this. Not to mention the Uplay policy of I have only so many days to download digital, to now I cant download and must do through uplay (but do I need to backup my games per past policy or not? who knows?)

Enough of the rant, please if anyone has a fix (not something like dmz zones) please help. Otherwise I guess Ill wait a month while support ask me questions like, "which search engine do I use" to attempt to fix this game.

Fail!
    Epic fail.... iam so disappointed, i can't find the right words to describe it.
    Why in gods name are these guys not able to code a game where people can connect to each other?
    When i installed Uplay i knew that it wont work.

Telling someone about Ports and DMZ and Firewall is like a joke. Not funny and its just a piss-take.

Assassins Creed 3 was the same fail like this ****. Ill never buy a game of that crap hole again.

KenTWOu's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by chr982 Go to original post
    I got a fix that works for me and my friends.
    disable uPnP on your router and then activate Dmz for you computer, tell your friends to do this also and it should work have fun and spread the word!
    Obvious port forwarding or DMZ + not obvious disabling of uPnP in Win 7 and uPnP in my router didn't help me.

P.S: I've changed my ISP and therefore my router settings recently and I just don't know how to fix it. Everything works fine without router, but with it I can't join/invite my friends. A month ago everything worked fine through router with port forwarding and all that jazz.

Me and a friend wanted to play this game with a local network.
    I had this problem as well. I searched around on google for many hours to fix this problem, but nothing worked. I have this game on Uplay.

I was about to give up until I found out that in version.ini, me and my friends versions did not match for some reason. He got some patch from uplay I never got.
    So what I did was I copied his entire Splinter Cell Blacklist folder and replaced my files. After I did that, it worked for some strange reason and we played all day long without any problems.
    So perhaps for some people, when they try to connect to each other, they get kicked out because of the game versions don't match.

I am not sure this was the solution to get it going, because I did these things before we tried to connect to each other as well:

* Disabled Upnp
    * Open required ports
    * (and copied my friend's game folder and replaced mine)

Give it a try, hope I helped you.

Originally Posted by HeXoR1980 Go to original post
    Fail!
    Epic fail.... iam so disappointed, i can't find the right words to describe it.
    Why in gods name are these guys not able to code a game where people can connect to each other?
    When i installed Uplay i knew that it wont work.

Telling someone about Ports and DMZ and Firewall is like a joke. Not funny and its just a piss-take.

Assassins Creed 3 was the same fail like this ****. Ill never buy a game of that crap hole again.
    Same here. i know how you feel bro. Seems this bug won't be fixed.
    so it means i won't buy any ubi games till this bug is fixed

Try it

Hi you all,

I had to check my UPlay settings and disable the PROXY settings (for an unkown reason, there was some settings there when I installed it first time.

I have found a fix that's 100% working for COOP mode.

The person that's going to host the coop session ( you or your friend )
    has to :
    - enable DMZ on their IP-address OR manually forward all the required ports.
    (for those that don't know, DMZ automatically forwards everything to your IP so you don't have to add 1000000 ports to the forwarding page.)
    - Download / Install tunngle and create an account so you can login to the program.
    - Search for splinter cell blacklist on the tunngle program, join the room.

The other person has to:
    - Download / Install tunngle and create an account so you can login to the program.
    - Search for splinter cell blacklist on the tunngle program, join the room.

Now all that's left for you to do is boot up your game via uplay/steam, create a session and invite your friend. ( this was tested with the uplay version )
    100% working and I can finally enjoy coop with my friends

What would be nice is if I could connect to the online service at all. I suspect that the inability to connect to Ubisoft's servers through the game is what's causing the random crashes, too. Maybe a DRM check or something. Mostly suspecting this because the crashes have been reported by other users as well, and always at the exact same time, within 25-40 minutes of playing. The users with the random crashing seem to also have the problem where they can't connect to the online portion of the game. I've actually re-opened my support ticket, because I'd at least like to play and finish the single-player portion of the game, and maybe get the game for a friend to do some co-op. Can't very well do that if I can't connect to the online service, and if the game is crashing every half-hour, though. Moreso if the two issues are, as I suspect, related.

Found Some New Potential Fixes Could Be Useful (and 1 that worked for me)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/48240/...3123764053255/

After many hours trying to get co-op to work, I ran into the above post and found that #9 actually worked! To be specific, I actually only changed compatibility for Uplay.exe (not Anno.exe). The computer I used ran Windows 8.1, and up until today, it was never able to connect to any other players online. Another computer I used ran Windows 8, and connected easily. This suggested to me that the problem originated with the 8.1 computer, and maybe as long as I could get it to connect to anyone, the problem would be solved. This was done in combination with some of the other common/obvious fixes (like disabling VPN software, and unused network devices).

To those of you that find this useful, PLEASE try and spread this fix everywhere you could think of. This is actually my very first post in an online forum, and the issue was so distressing to me I felt I had to share this. But of course, most of the credit must go to "Solid Snivy" who posted the fixes in the link above.

Good luck

Hamachi makes it work !

So my friend and I tried to make it work through various ways but finally we found the solution in Hamachi. Just get into a Hamachi network, give Hamachi top priority from

"Network and Sharing Center --> Change adapter settings --> (Press Alt) Advanced --> Select Hamachi and hit the up arrow until Hamachi reaches the top"

Then just launch the game and one can join the others game without any problems. At least that's what happened for us.

Hope you guys can do it !

-Jimmy