Originally Posted by Camadarie Go to original post
    I'm having the exact same problem as you are. I've tried all the fixes people have posted, and even tried changing the videosettings.ini. Then it went and changed it back to one, so glad I spent all day downloading a game that doesn't work properly for PC.
    No kidding. So much for that I guess. I'm just glad the game was free for me. At least I was able to play Conviction just fine.

Camadarie's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by NTPrime4 Go to original post
    No kidding. So much for that I guess. I'm just glad the game was free for me. At least I was able to play Conviction just fine.
    I didn't have a single problem loading up Conviction, and playing it. It's just this one that's causing all the problems. I want to be angry about it, but the game was free for me as well ,so I can't really complain.

Possible workaroud here !! Works for me !

Originally Posted by PerfectVolta67 Go to original post
    Edit your VideoSettings.ini located in the following location:
    C:\Users\<yournamehere>\Documents\Ubisoft\Blacklis t\videoSettings.ini

I just typed VideoSettings.ini into the start menu and it pulled it up that way too.

Change the "WindowStyleFinal=1" option to 0 or 2.

0 = Windowed
    1 = Fullscreen (default)
    2 = Windowed Fullscreen

0 and 2 both allow the game to start.
    If you don't want your settings ( windowed or fullscreen windowed ) return to default fullscreen, then just make your videosettings.ini "READ-ONLY" after editing...

But I have a permanent SOLUTION for you guys :

Depending of your Video card (AMD or NVIDIA), just create a custom resolution in your control panel and change the value in the videosettings.ini file.

Here's an example of what I did and it works :

My PC is hook up to my TV at 1920X1080 60hz. I have a GTX 560 ti from NVIDIA.

1) Open Nvdia control panel.
    2) Go to DISPLAY, then CHANGE RESOLUTION
    3) Choose CUSTOM RESOLUTION at the bottom, and try 1919X1079 ( for 1920x1080 display ).
    4) Set your display to your new resolution once (1919x1079) , then go back to your original resolution ( in this case, 1920x1080 ).
    5) Run the game windowed ( without having videosettings.ini in read-only...you don't have to ).
    6) Once in the game, go in video settings and set to game to 1919x1079 and it should works without any problem.

Thats it !

P.S.: sorry for my english, french speaking...

UDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Try "Run as administrator in Win 7" and "DPI scaling" in "Compatibility" tab when you right click the Splinter Cell Blacklist icon...
    Looks like it solve the problem, now playing at 1920x1080 !

Nicolas

Originally Posted by tntxploder Go to original post
    If you don't want your settings ( windowed or fullscreen windowed ) return to default fullscreen, then just make your videosettings.ini "READ-ONLY" after editing...

But I have a permanent SOLUTION for you guys :

Depending of your Video card (AMD or NVIDIA), just create a custom resolution in your control panel and change the value in the videosettings.ini file.

Here's an example of what I did and it works :

My PC is hook up to my TV at 1920X1080 60hz. I have a GTX 560 ti from NVIDIA.

1) Open Nvdia control panel.
    2) Go to DISPLAY, then CHANGE RESOLUTION
    3) Choose CUSTOM RESOLUTION at the bottom, and try 1919X1079 ( for 1920x1080 display ).
    4) Set your display to your new resolution once (1919x1079) , then go back to your original resolution ( in this case, 1920x1080 ).
    5) Run the game windowed ( without having videosettings.ini in read-only...you don't have to ).
    6) Once in the game, go in video settings and set to game to 1919x1079 and it should works without any problem.

Thats it !

P.S.: sorry for my english, french speaking...

UDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Try "Run as administrator in Win 7" and "DPI scaling" in "Compatibility" tab when you right click the Splinter Cell Blacklist icon...
    Looks like it solve the problem, now playing at 1920x1080 !

Nicolas
    Interesting ideas. I've got an Nvidia MSI GTX 4GB 770 OC Twin Frozr running on Windows 8. I'm attempting to redownload the game to see if it makes any difference, but once it's done I'll try out this stuff too.

I thank you in advance for sharing, I hope it works.

I wonder if Camadarie has the same GPU and OS as me, perhaps that is what is causing our issue.

Same problem here, I am an AMD user, can't change the settings they automatically revert back to their original state. I managed to get in game, I've quit the game windowed and now I broke it.
    Why is this game so unstable..? And why does it feel like a failed ps3 import, I keep feeling I should play it with a joystick, rather than using a mouse and a keyboard, I had the same thing happening to me in Deadspace 3.

Guess I'll be playing with my 24cm Sam Fisher figurine all day, untill Ubisoft gets his stuff together lmfao.

Ah, putting ''Read-Only'' seem to work thanks for that. Too bad that the game still feels weird with the odd lag mouse spikes I seem to get whenever i walk and look around.

Originally Posted by NTPrime4 Go to original post
    Interesting ideas. I've got an Nvidia MSI GTX 4GB 770 OC Twin Frozr running on Windows 8. I'm attempting to redownload the game to see if it makes any difference, but once it's done I'll try out this stuff too.

I thank you in advance for sharing, I hope it works.

I wonder if Camadarie has the same GPU and OS as me, perhaps that is what is causing our issue.
    I've got the Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti, well two of them. I'm also running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

All I got from doing what tntxploder said was that I need to reinstall the game.. again.

So here's what I've done so far, that hasn't freaking worked.

1st Install:
    Changed the VideoSettings.ini, "WindowStyleFinal=1" to 0 and 2, double clicked the game Icon and Uplay booted up and went through the logging in process. It synchronized the game files and this didn't work. I got the "Thank you for playing" screen.
    Made the Videosettings.ini a read only file after changing the WindowStyleFinal. Clicked the game icon, and got the same thing again.
    Changed the ini, made it read only, and ran the game as administrator. Same Results.

2nd Install:
    Downloaded and installed patch.
    Went through the entire process of the first install, and got all the same exact results.

Does Ubisoft not care about the PC gamers anymore? I've had great results with their customer service with their other titles and now I feel as if this problem is being ignored. I haven't found any information online about a reliable fix for this issue. and I've spent about four hours today searching for an answer that no one seems to have.

I resolved the problem. It's not the game wich is at fault but the protection. The only way to resolve this is by logging with admin account on your computer. It dosen't matter if you have the admin rights on your account it only accept the admin account. Had the same problem with the last game.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by tntxploder Go to original post
    Thank you for posting this Nicolas, I will pass this along to the development team.