What do i do if I don't care for NAVAL COMBAT

I'm a fan of the franchise and i played all of them except the psvita one. Well, AC3 sucked. Worst AC ever. Naval combat sucked, but the freerunning was ok. combat was sluggish. Story was awful. Cities were trash. I have high hopes for AC4 on PS4. Looks cool and the map is huge with lots of activities, assassination contracts, recruiting assassins/pirates, being an assassin, etc.

Ok, If I don't like Naval Combat, what else is in store for AC4. How does it capture being a pirate and a cool assassin at the same time. Any new customization options, assassination contracts, cool epic cities, courtesans, etc. What's gonna keep me playing the game. AC3 sucked for me and my favorite is Ac2 and Brotherhood.

itsamea-mario's Avatar Senior Member
    No, naval combat is all there is.

Seriously. What about being an assassin? Customization? Conflicting between being a pirate or an assassin? I DONT CARE ABOUT NAVAL COMBAT! WHAT MORE IS THERE IN AC4!!!!

Ships, it's all ships. Nought but ships, boats, galleys and dingies. 200 hours of waves winds sails and rigging, 89 missions of transporting goods and the occasional sea battle.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    The devs confirmed that 100% of the missions in AC4 will be naval missions and you will spend your time on your ship, looting and shooting other ships. You'll step on land only in cutscenes..

roostersrule2's Avatar Senior Member
    Don't listen to them, they're being silly. The entire game is actually set with in a bath where you are a kid playing with his toys, before you are tragically stared at by a turtle with hypothermia.

x___Luffy___x's Avatar Senior Member
    you guys forgot to say there s lot of underwater gameplay . when edward s not on his ship he's underwater swimming.

Oh yes, and the submarine sections.

silvermercy's Avatar AC Expert
    It's actually set here, where I live. You get to have land missions when it stops raining. The rest 364 days per year you spend swimming or underwater.

Bastiaen's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by silvermercy Go to original post
    It's actually set here, where I live. You get to have land missions when it stops raining. The rest 364 days per year you spend swimming or underwater.
    LOL! I miss rainy climates... grrrr. ... the desert....
    Anyway, to provide you with an honest answer, devs have said that it's 40% Naval, 60% Land, though of course, that will vary from player to player.
    I'm going to say it though, your observations about AC3 make me sad
    I love Naval. I go back and replay the naval missions more than any others. I can't wait to have the whole of the Caribbean to explore!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►