ZenityAlpha's Avatar Member

[Tool] Zenity's Modding Tool

Hello,

Had some free time this weekend so i made this app from all the code i had laying around in the hope that it'll be useful. This tool is intended to view/modify resources in gamedata/gamedata.fat but not add new ones, it currently supports replacing textures/fonts/flash/unknown resources, basically everything except shaders. I also added support for mods like my old tool so you can share what your changes with others. All the source code is included (MIT license, written in C# using SharpDevelop) so anyone can modify it; although, i admit the code is rather ugly (sorry, i was in a hurry) but it's heavily commented.

Before using
    Always make sure you have a backup of gamedata and gamedata.fat, they are in the game installation directory. These files get modified and if something goes wrong the game will crash.

How to use
    • Click the Open button and select gamedata.fat from your game installation directory, after a few seconds you should see all the resources that the file holds. If you click on any resource in the list you will get a preview if possible, handy no

• To replace a resource select it and click Replace, make sure the resource that will replace it is of the same type, you'll get and error if resource types do not match. After selecting a file to replace, the resource will turn crimson red and will be marked as changed. If you decide you don't want to change it just click clear and it will get unmarked. If you want to unmark all resources just select the first entry in list and click clear, and all sub-items will be unmarked. When you're ready to replace all marked resource just click Inject. If you want you can save what you replace as a mod but only before you click Inject, just press Save MOD.

• To open a mod and add it to your game simply click Load MOD select it and press Inject to apply it.

• To extract a resource you have the Extract button that has 2 options. This will behave different depending on what you have selected in the resource list, for example if you have a chunk selected and click Extract -> Resource all resources in that chunk will be extracted, please experiment . Extract -> Data will extract the raw data of resource (useful if you want to analyze it yourself)

Known problems
    • After injecting your modified resources the preview for them might not work; i recommend to close then reopen the application.
    • The code for modifying shader resources has been disabled since it didn't worked as planed.

I only tested this on linux so expect the unexpected . One mod is included for testing; its my old battleground changer, i didn't have time to create more, sorry!

Have fun testing...

Download
    Only download if you understand that this software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the author be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software. This is not supported by Ubisoft in any way.

Thanks! Sounds interesting.

epicafricantoad's Avatar DoC Moderator
    I really like it and it seems it works thanks!
    cheers
    Toad

Nizzle! You should also make it possible to change the background when you are out of games (looking at the menus)

Epic, love it

Thanks everyone for your support, i'm happy you found it useful

Originally Posted by Nillicomes Go to original post
    Nizzle! You should also make it possible to change the background when you are out of games (looking at the menus)
    I've updated the opening post with a example on how to create mods, you could try and change the menu backgrounds as you like

Durajczyk's Avatar Senior Member
    Post suspended, apparently the forst link works for other people. Toad

cucu99's Avatar Heed the Call!
    Thx for your time and work ZenityAlpha! thread rated

the download link has been fixed, will add more...

epicafricantoad's Avatar DoC Moderator

The tool is awesome. Thx!

Toad

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last ►►