View Poll Results: this has kinda bugged ma for a while now.
And it seems that if there are ANY impovemnts to be made

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! that would be awsome.

38 74.51%
  • As long as it dosn't cause a FPS hit.

12 23.53%
  • NO! that's a stupid idea! you idiot!

1 1.96%
  • Ahhhhhh i really don't care.

0 0%
    Copperhead310th's Avatar Banned

the new models (that came in FB and beyond) already have a DM

but do you mean a more detailed one?

CWoS FB forum. More Cheese, Less Whine.

clint-ruin's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd look at the Tripitz model for what can be done in FB. Pretty decent so far in terms of shutting up AA positions and showing the ship aflame. What would be good is if critical hits [ie magazine going up] were added, or if there was some way to slow a ship down to make it easier to hit subsequently, etc. Don't know if the FB engine is capable of such things at the moment but I guess we'll see what ends up being in there.

Well yeah that's what i ment a more deatailed DM for the ships. At least enough to knock out the guns.

310th FS & 380th BG website

Being able to take out the guns would be a great upgrade!

www.7Jg77.com

necrobaron's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, I've noticed that there are men manning the AA on the Lex in the lastest Dev.Update. Unless they are there purely for looks, I would think that this means you can now shoot them and disable their respective gun positions.

"Not all who wander are lost."

clint-ruin's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
    Being able to take out the guns would be a great upgrade!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said... take a look at what can be done to the Tripitz. Go drop some ordnance on the thing and see if you can notice the small AA guns surrounding the point of impact bursting into flames and ceasing to shoot at anything. Even the Marat / Aurora etc can have their large guns knocked out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clint-ruin:

As I said... take a look at what can be done to the Tripitz. Go drop some ordnance on the thing and see if you can notice the small AA guns surrounding the point of impact bursting into flames and ceasing to shoot at anything. Even the Marat / Aurora etc can have their large guns knocked out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll grab a Sturmo and check it out!

www.7Jg77.com

Ditto on the ability to kill gunners with machine gun fire. It would look silly to nail them in the head and nothing happens...

It is already possible in FB to disable AAA with cannons, but it requires so many hits, or such a big cannon, that its impractical. All that is needed is to reduce the durability of the gunners to a point that they can be killed by MGs.