Where to get non base heroes?

I'm still relatively new but I've been playing a lot per day. I've already got a bunch of heroes but I'm missing some from the non-base set and was wondering which pack(s) or boxes I would have to buy in order to get them. The heroic packs look like they're only for the basic heroes, but I'm looking to try and fill out my roster. I've already bought the sanctuary and severed fates decks. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Heroic packs contain only base set heroes. VR heroes can be found from VR packs and HotV heroes from HotV packs. Of course corresponding boxes may also have them because they contain packs. A hero card may appear in those packs in the place of the rare (or epic) card.

OK cool, so unlike a heroic pack which is guaranteed to contain a base hero, the VR and HotV packs merely have a chance, not a promise to contain one.

Originally Posted by Architekt Go to original post
    OK cool, so unlike a heroic pack which is guaranteed to contain a base hero, the VR and HotV packs merely have a chance, not a promise to contain one.
    Exactly.

I have opened 28 Herald packs, and not even 1 hero. FML.

I have opened 28 Herald packs, and not even 1 hero. FML.
    RlY? Only 28? I opened 5 boxes and found only 1 hero!! The ratio on dropping a hero sucks!

Morkje's Avatar Member
    You can also get certain Hero's from Achievements ( not the easiest)

YOu can also buy some preconstructed decks that contain heroes.

I've seen a couple heroes in play whose set icon (lower right hand corner of card) did not correspond to any of the existing sets. (standard, VR, HotV) - instead they had a diamond. Forget the names but the inferno one's special was granting sweep attack to a critter for 6. Anyone know what this is about?

Probably related to 'collect 'em all' achievements.

efikus's Avatar Junior Member
    I opened 6 boxes and found only 2 hero (Noboru and Zardoc) and countless Greater Earth Elemental.