🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    ladyleonhart's Avatar Senior Member

'Victorian London' Setting for possible Assassin's Creed used for 'The Order: 1886'?

Would you still like to see an AC game in Victorian London...? Or a different setting...?

Well, I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this, but... here goes!

What does everyone think of 'The Order: 1886'?

I don't really know much about it, apart from it's for the PS4 and it's set in Victorian London, which made me notice it. ^^

Before ACIV: Black Flag

Before AC IV: Black Flag was announced there was a lot of discussion about which historical settings people wanted for the next Assassin's Creed game. Victorian London was quite a popular choice, and discussed on many websites. Here's two:

PlayStation Universe (2013) 'Why Assassin's Creed needs to visit Victorian London'
    Available at: http://www.psu.com/a018480/Why-Assas...-London?page=0

Unleash The Fanboy (2012) 'Top 5 Locations for Assassin's Creed 4'
    http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/vide...-creed-4/33361

Before AC III

Victorian London was also, apparently, considered as a choice in an Ubisoft Survey before AC III... Wait a minute...

What...?? No...how could they...? ... I mean... I am so glad they stuck to their guns and made AC III!! XD

Back to the topic at hand ^_~ ... Eight location options were listed in the survey, and mentioned in the article below, but underneath I've listed them for you:

PC Gamer (2011) 'Assassin’s Creed survey lists possible settings for future titles' Available at:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/28/as...future-titles/

Then for your convenience these included the following:

1. 'The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China'

2. 'The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England'

3. 'The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt'

4. 'The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors'

5. 'The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution' ~ The origin's of AC III! XD

6. 'The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution'

7. 'The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan'

8. 'The rise of Cesar’s Empire in Ancient Rome'

Then it made me wonder... is that why Victorian London was the setting chosen for 'The Order 1886'...? Was it an attempt to beat Ubisoft...? Heehee... just speculation... and of course, I love history regardless and for me it all depends on the game and it shouldn't be too scary though! o_0;

Anyway, here's the trailer:

Original Source Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RJOe1EPJG9A

Anyway, would 'Victorian London' still be a possible Assassin's Creed setting for you? Or do some of the other settings take your fancy? ^_~

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    They stole my final semester game project :|

Mine didn't have zombies, though....I`m loving the idea of the setting and altered technological advancements...dunno why it had to have zombies, though..it has enough to spark interest, it didn't need zombies imo

Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    They stole my final semester game project :|

Mine didn't have zombies, though....I`m loving the idea of the setting and altered technological advancements...dunno why it had to have zombies, though..it has enough to spark interest, it didn't need zombies imo
    Oh... that is so unfair Assassin_M! I feel your pain. Please don't worry though, and I'm sure you have plenty more good ideas! ^_~

As for 'The Order: 1886'... They are ZOMBIES!?? o_0; Why...? Why do zombies end up everywhere...? I was hoping they might be some kind of alien race due to the technology they have, but... ZOMBIES...?

I'm scared Assassin_M!

I dislike the idea of Jack the Ripper and other phenomenon, they're turning AC into X-Files.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't think AC will be set in Victorian London for a while honestly, if it ever is.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by ladyleonhart Go to original post
    Oh... that is so unfair Assassin_M! I feel your pain. Please don't worry though, and I'm sure you have plenty more good ideas! ^_~

As for 'The Order: 1886'... They are ZOMBIES!?? o_0; Why...? Why do zombies end up everywhere...? I was hoping they might be some kind of alien race due to the technology they have, but... ZOMBIES...?

I'm scared Assassin_M!
    Well they`re described as "inhuman" enemies...meh...just like LoU`s infected...slap a different name and poof..not zombies, but enough about that...I`m looking out for it..mainly because it`s not a FPS..too many FPS these days...if it`s open world, it`ll be a plus...interesting premise and take on history

Originally Posted by captin_qwark7 Go to original post
    I dislike the idea of Jack the Ripper and other phenomenon, they're turning AC into X-Files.
    I agree with you on 'Jack the Ripper'. Too scary for me! 0_0;

The X-Files, though... What part of AC do you think is like the X-Files...? ^^'

In AC III there were side missions with the Frontiersmen involving 'supernatural phenomenon' that you had to investigate. I enjoyed them, however I don't think they should be a constant to the AC series as it feels similar to the X-Files.
    Otherwise, Victorian London would definitely be a picturesque setting but I'd still prefer locations set farther back in time, when guns were less abundant, such as: Ancient Rome/Greece, British Raj, Feudal Japan etc.

Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Well they`re described as "inhuman" enemies...meh...just like LoU`s infected...slap a different name and poof..not zombies, but enough about that...I`m looking out for it..mainly because it`s not a FPS..too many FPS these days...if it`s open world, it`ll be a plus...interesting premise and take on history
    "Inhuman enemies"? Sounds much better than zombies already! I do prefer Third-person, and I agree, how they use the historical period will be very interesting.^_^ Also, their representation of London looks great! xD

Originally Posted by captin_qwark7 Go to original post
    In AC III there were side missions with the Frontiersmen involving 'supernatural phenomenon' that you had to investigate. I enjoyed them, however I don't think they should be a constant to the AC series as it feels similar to the X-Files.
    Otherwise, Victorian London would definitely be a picturesque setting but I'd still prefer locations set farther back in time, when guns were less abundant, such as: Ancient Rome/Greece, British Raj, Feudal Japan etc.
    I remember. Then you are referring to, for example, 'the headless horseman'...? I thought that was a bit strange too. And I really didn't like X-Files. >_< Besides, in terms of AC, I think most would agree that history is the most important element.

I love the idea of Ancient Rome! xD Then we'd have gladiators like 'Maximus'! ^_~ Roman history is so interesting and there's a lot of things they could cover. Then, we could still have the naval battles too. They could even focus on Cleopatra, and she was assassinated by Amunet with the asp. Then we could have some of it set in Ancient Rome and Egypt!! xD

Also, the battles would be really cool! I can imagine the Assassin protagonist hiding within the Roman Legions' tortoise formations and surprising the enemy. Then this setting has great potential for stealth scenarios. Also, they could have a chariot race too!!

As for the Colosseum, it will be restored to its former glory! ^_~

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►