salman147's Avatar Banned

About the Golden Age of Piracy.....

Can anyone make a list of the events that happened during the Golden Age of Piracy between the timeline Edward Kenway lived?
    I bet we'll get to experience that kind of events in the game.
    One of them is Queen Anne's Revenge or sth like that.

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    Queen Anne's Revenge is the name of Blackbeard's ship.

Well, all of the pirates that were mentioned to be in the game "hornigold, vane, Blackbeard, ect, all died around the same time (1718-1720) so I'm assuming that will be the climax of the game. Ummmmm.... You should watch the golden age of piracy ac4 trailer, it explains what the time period is all about.

montagemik's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by salman147 Go to original post
    Can anyone make a list of the events that happened during the Golden Age of Piracy between the timeline Edward Kenway lived?
    I bet we'll get to experience that kind of events in the game.
    One of them is Queen Anne's Revenge or sth like that.

Just watch the P.O.T.C movie collection - East india company will be our Templar bad guys in a similar time period (just ignore the davey jones squid bits)

The shipwreck of the 1715 Spanish Treasure Fleet was the beginning of the Golden Age of Piracy.

I'm doing a very detail timeline, but in my own language. I'd recommend reading The republic of Pirates, by Colin Woodard. All the information you need is there.

salman147's Avatar Banned
    Edward might face the pirate trial but escape.Like AC3 Connor.

Originally Posted by montagemik Go to original post
    Just watch the P.O.T.C movie collection - East india company will be our Templar bad guys in a similar time period (just ignore the davey jones squid bits)
    I've seen you mention East India Company a lot of times. They've actually never expanded into the Caribbean, they stayed in the, well, East Indies. Its presence in the Caribbean was at most a few tea shipments from time to time. So they won't be the templars.

montagemik's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Farlander1991 Go to original post
    I've seen you mention East India Company a lot of times. They've actually never expanded into the Caribbean, they stayed in the, well, East Indies. Its presence in the Caribbean was at most a few tea shipments from time to time. So they won't be the templars.
    How much influence E.I.T.C ever had over Carribbean trade routes in history Doesn't neccessarily rule out them playing a role in the game's story.

History makes little mention of Templars being involved in the American revolution/independance - But hey look at AC3 .

Originally Posted by montagemik Go to original post
    How much influence E.I.T.C ever had over Carribbean trade routes in history Doesn't neccessarily rule out them playing a role in the game's story.

History makes little mention of Templars being involved in the American revolution/independance - But hey look at AC3 .
    Well, yeah, but AC injects fictional Templars into history (or makes real people Templars), but doesn't adjust history that much to inject fictional Templars into them. East India Company didn't have almost any business in the Caribbean, there are other chartered companies that did, though, and they would make a much better choice. Like, Royal Africa Company transported ****tons of slaves to the Caribbean, for example.