ACfan443's Avatar Senior Member

Predict AC:BF's ratings

Now that we've seen previews, trailers and the game itself in action, predict the ratings it will garner come release (general/average rating across all major review sites).
    (The predictions won't be totally valid of course since we haven't actually played the whole game, but we can refer back to them once we have actually played the game to see whether our expectations were met, not met or exceeded).

I'm sort of conflicted here, I think it will either be a sub par AC game and receive a score no higher than AC3, so 6/7 out of 10 (considering what it's got to compete with this year, and based on what I've seen), or it will surpise everyone and turn out to be a fantastic game, and receive a 9+/10. Your thoughts?

silvermercy's Avatar AC Expert
    8.9 to 9.1.
    Now that's based on the trailers only and the favorable response so far. Nothing else obviously as we don't know the final product.

ArabianFrost's Avatar Senior Member
    8/10

I'd expect the reviewers will be impressed by how polished it is, how seamless the game is, how big the world is.

The main downpoints of the game would probably be the lack of innovation and improvement done to the core mechanics of the game (stealth, combat and navigation) and how shallow the non-linearity is.

WalSwJan's Avatar Member
    I think it's difficult to predict ratings because on some websites for example a 7/10 is already a really bad game while on others a 7/10 is great.
    IMO AngryJoes ratings are the best I've seen so far because the scores are fair.( example: a 5/10 is not 'useless ****' but 'average' and an 8/10 is 'awesome' and not 'quite good'.)
    I predict the scores will go from 7/10 - 9/10.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by sidspyker24 Go to original post

Brilliant...greetings from June 2013...how`s October??

Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Brilliant...greetings from June 2013...how`s October??
    Didn't you read? IT'S AMAZING!

Originally Posted by WalSwJan Go to original post
    I think it's difficult to predict ratings because on some websites for example a 7/10 is already a really bad game while on others a 7/10 is great.
    IMO AngryJoes ratings are the best I've seen so far because the scores are fair.( example: a 5/10 is not 'useless ****' but 'average' and an 8/10 is 'awesome' and not 'quite good'.)
    I predict the scores will go from 7/10 - 9/10.
    Indeed. A person's 7 is another's 9 or 10.
    So I think an average metascore would give a more accurate picture.

Anyways, we should save this thread and check back after release date. lol See who comes closest!

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    All the major sites will give it a 9/10 regardless of its flaws because Ubisoft is paying them round the year for good press. Independent reviewers will be more honest and get largely ignored. Business as usual.

Originally Posted by sidspyker24 Go to original post
    Didn't you read? IT'S AMAZING!
    You are typing from... the FUTURE!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►