View Poll Results: What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Might and Magic: Book I

2 3.57%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

3 5.36%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

7 12.50%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

13 23.21%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

3 5.36%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

23 41.07%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

18 32.14%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

4 7.14%
  • Might and Magic IX

1 1.79%
  • Might and Magic X

4 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    MM1 came out the year I was born. I played it 4 years later, but obviously never really "got it" or made it far out of Sorpigal. I didn't even know you were supposed to draw maps, I just wandered around and memorized what I could. I had to stop playing after experimenting with the bizarre "delettey" key on my Dad's level 30-something thief.

I didn't actually get in to the series until MM6. I've played them all, but 7 is my favorite by far. 8 was fun but it was just too easy. 7 has just the right amount of difficulty, just the right amount of choice... I've beaten it 3 times, the final time just so I could say I completely cleared out the Lincoln from stem to stern. I wish I could say I felt like I mastered the game, but then I found that den of Dragons chilling outside the cave where you get the egg for the warlock quest... not even my awesome party could touch that. I turned around and walked away. I just love this game because you can pick sides. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing! Good may have had the best ending, but Evil had Ninjas and a cooler hideout.

The only classic MM I really got into was 3. I'm not sure why that one caught my eye instead of Xeen, but 3 is a hoot! I just got to swamp town. I thought it was interesting that they have that well on the starting island that pumps up your levels; you can clear every dungeon on the island right away and get PUMPED UP with stat crystals and all that if you play your cards right. I thought that was just an awesome easter egg kind of thiing, if you could find the fountain.

Talin_Trollbane's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by duchU Go to original post
    There can be only one: The Mandate of Heaven
    Man Date of Heaven.

6-7 without a doubt, 4-5 was very good 2, but 6-7 brought me so much more, just the combat style and the amount of mobs to kill was just amazing... the size of the world and dungeons was absolutely crazy, some MMORPG's are smaller then mm6.
    I right now play mm6 again on STEAM! it is fantastic... I am amazed that I still love it that much, was a bit hard to accept the graphics the first hour but ones past that I started to enjoy it just like before. The thing I also notice is how difficult good games could be now it is all straightforward it's like they hold your hand. Now you are in a dungeon, but door can't be opened as you need to resolve a quest somewhere else and need to find the key in a whole other dungeon and so on. Just great times.

As I said I play on steam now and already at 55 hours and only saw 5 maps with their dungeons. It is so great to see there was put so much desire in games at that time.... don't want to complain for the X but when I see that we have 20% and what it represent... well it's gone be like 1/10 in size of mm6. I hoped we would get the exactly same gameplay and map sizes as 6-8 but with the graphics of 2013. i just hope they can bring all the other mm's to steam also, so at least i would have those.

Voted for World of Xeen, but 3 would be a close second.

WoX is HUGE, has a great storyline, great dungeons, VERY fun boss battles... It has everything. :3

6 onwards are not BAD, but I hated the fact that they removed the grid-based gameplay.

22 years now.....