View Poll Results: What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Might and Magic: Book I

2 3.51%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

3 5.26%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

8 14.04%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

13 22.81%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

3 5.26%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

23 40.35%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

18 31.58%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

4 7.02%
  • Might and Magic IX

1 1.75%
  • Might and Magic X

4 7.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

I haven't tried the first 5, but I must admit that this is my favorite gaming franchise. Mainly because the gameplay is so simple and yet there's always tons of stuff to do. So far my favourite is the Might and Magic 6, i've played it 4 times and i'm not getting bored

I hope ubi someday would put 1% of their profit in developing low-budget games like MM6

I'm with you, MM6 is the best for me, followed closely by MM8

Talin_Trollbane's Avatar Member
    well i voted MM3, because i keep seeing MM6 everywhere else (damn kids, get off my lawn!) and feel someone should fight for the old games.

I had to vote World of Xeen, cause that's the set of games that got me addicted to the M&M series.

Voted for MM3 of course.
    Without refering to wikipedia, after all these years I CAN STILL REMEMBER the original default 6 party members!!!

Sir Canegm the Human Paladin
    Crag Hack the Dwarf Barbarian
    Maximus the Half-Orc Knight
    Dark Shade the Gnome Robber
    Resurrectra the Gnome Cleric
    Kastore the Elf Sorcerer

Didn't play MM1 and MM2, as i didn't like the EGA/CGA gfx during that time.
    Was totally blown away by MM3 lush VGA graphics, the lovely Adlib music score (lol i wonder who remembers Adlib nowadays)
    MM3 was the FIRST and quite possibly the COOLEST EARLIEST first person perspective open-world RPG that i really fell in love with.
    I actually skipped school and played for close to 48 hours NON-STOP when i first got it, thats how crazy i was lol!!!
    RPGs may come and go, but MM3 will forever be my first true love <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I don't see whats the appeal of MM6 and MM7, they were graphically obsolete even back when they were released,
    the world is so fricking small compared to Terra, and only 4 members of a party?
    Sorry chaps, MM6 and MM7 felt like a watered down 3D version of the M&M series. It cannot even begin to compare with MM3.

realitycheck: it's 15 years since the release of MM6. getting old much? ; -)

I had to throw a vote at MM2. It was the first one I ever played (seems like ages ago). My friend and I spent hours and hours on that game trying to beat it. Never did win, even though we made it pretty far. Still, it might not be the best of the series, but it will be the one I will always remember fondly.

VI was my first, and while VII has a better game system, it's more broken and not very well balanced. And not as colorful and charming. But VI-VII are the best. I played World of Xeen recently, and it's fantastic as well, although in a different way. Really addictive, solid RPG.

But all things considered, whenever I remember the music of VI, I want to play, and no other episode work that way for me. That says something.

I have played all of them but in my opinion the best is World of Xeen. MM3 is also great.

duchU's Avatar Member
    There can be only one: The Mandate of Heaven