Tons of new info about AC Black Flag!

Some will be new to you, some won't. Enjoy!

- Harpooning is tied to the progression system of Edward, which means that by harpooning you can upgrade Kenway. Also, you can harpoon different animals, not only whales.

- There are 75 playas and sandbanks, small undiscovered beaches and areas full of treasures and content.

- The naval world includes random events like dangerous storms. You will have to navigate very carefully, save crew members to minimize casualties and avoid lightning bolts.

- New aiming system in naval combat. Now you can control the height and distance of your shots, which is especially useful during storms to shoot over waves.

- New “heavy shot” for naval combat. Deadly up close, but weak at a distance.

- New naval archetype, “the charger”. This ship builds up a lot of speed and then tries to ram you, so you don’t want to be close to it. The best way to destroy it is the mortar, the longest ranged weapon at sea. Aim with the spyglass for maximum accuracy and then shoot.

- Your crew is very important. You mainly need them for naval combat and boarding, and they’re fully upgradable. If you don’t have enough crew to board the bigger ships, you will fail. You can hire new crew in taverns, finding them in deserted islands (“shipwrecked sailors”), saving them from hostile situations,…

- You can find collectable songs that you can get your crew to sing in your voyages.

- Spaniards and British are hostile to each other the whole game, because even when they were supposed to be at peace, there were tensions between them. When their ships cross each other, they will battle. You can help one side, the other, or attack both if you are powerful enough.

- Your first mate is a big black man called Adewale. If he sees anything potentially interesting to you, he will point in the direction and tell you whatever is happening there. Is up to you to take advantage of the situation or ignore it.

- Forts can be taken down with your ship, or stealthily infiltrating them. Once their defenses are down, you have to kill the captain of the fort.

- In plantations, you have to find the owner and steal a key to get access to his resources and cargo. You can approach this places guns blazing, but it will be highly difficult. It’s easier to use your stealth, but if you get detected bells will ring and you will be surrounded by new types of enemies.

- Guards will be tougher than in any previous AC. “Gunners” are so deadly, that you will want to take them out from behind or just avoid them at all cost.

- You can now free aim with your guns. If you want to kill your enemies quickly, try headshots as much as possible. If you don’t want to attract attention to yourself, use the blowpipe instead. The blowpipe is upgradable, which means there are different types of ammo. You can put your enemies to sleep, poison them and make them go berserk,… If you poison them, they’ll attack anyone they see, including animals or their own friends.

- There’s no brotherhood, because it doesn’t make sense in this setting and with this character, and it would have made Edward too powerful. Instead, you have to take care of your pirate crew.

- When Edward starts being trained by assassins, he is still not sure if he wants to really help them or not.

- The main islands (Cuba, Jamaica and New Providence) aren’t 100% explorable, but there are “pockets” of land that you can explore, especially in Cuba. You can’t go too far into the interior, tough.

- Port Royale is in the game, close to Kingston and fully explorable.

- The whole world opens to you after about an hour into the game. It’s done this way to make sure the player won’t feel overwhelmed at the beginning.

- There are LGS o “linear game sequences”. Some of these missions take place outside of the Caribbean.

- When you plunder a ship you can make it part of Kenway’s fleet, and then manage your fleet to trade goods outside of the Caribbean (pretty much like naval trading in AC III), and also send them to plunder in other parts of the world for you.

- When you go to a random island a message pops up telling you what is hidden there, so you can decide whether it’s worth finding it or not. You can turn off this option if you want, to make things harder.

- If you’ve been to a place, you can always fast travel there. Also, if you synchronize with a high point, you can teleport to that particular point whenever you want. If you want to get back to the Jackdaw quickly, look around for row boats and avoid swimming.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Okay, when will they announce that half of this is removed in the final game?

silvermercy's Avatar AC Expert
    Thanks!

Also, you can harpoon different animals, not only whales.
    Fat Templars?? ;p

Originally Posted by silvermercy Go to original post
    Thanks!

Fat Templars?? ;p
    I would do this at any oppurtunity given.

Originally Posted by Cornik22 Go to original post
    Your first mate is a big black man called Adewale.
    Why Ubisoft? Why!!!

OMG I already see the pics on tumblr...

roostersrule2's Avatar Senior Member
    - There are LGS “linear game sequences”. Some of these missions take place outside of the Caribbean.
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that confirms London.

ArabianFrost's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Okay, when will they announce that half of this is removed in the final game?
    They don't. We just get surprisingly disappointed when it actually isn't in the actual product.

ArabianFrost's Avatar Senior Member
    I think we've seen adeewale in the trailer. I have to say, I quite like him. He seems like the perfect companion to Edward and I knew he was important when he kept popping up into each trailer.

As for the LGS, I like they actually categorised them, possibly indicating that they are few, still I doubt we'll be disappointed.

I am calling locations for LGS:
    Aveline in North America
    Connor in the Carribean
    Edward in Bristol
    Edward in London? I really doubt it. By the time we go to London he would have conceived Haytham, so we wouldn't be able to play with edward.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by roostersrule2 Go to original post
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that confirms London.
    Nah, I'm gonna say these are the Connor/Aveline/Haytham cameos people have been buzzing about. Probably in the northern US.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    - The naval world includes random events like dangerous storms. You will have to navigate very carefully, save crew members to minimize casualties and avoid lightning bolts.

- If you’ve been to a place, you can always fast travel there. Also, if you synchronize with a high point, you can teleport to that particular point whenever you want. If you want to get back to the Jackdaw quickly, look around for row boats and avoid swimming.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last ►►