Personally, I feel there are so many cool and interesting cards from the new expansion. However, in this very heavy "aggro" (creature-heavy) meta, I find it hard to use many of these new and interesting cards.

Many cards have cool possibilities but if I spend a turn playing said card, and the opponent just drops 2 more creatures, I suddenly feel like I've been set back a turn and now I play on the backfoot the rest of the game. So while a lot of these new cards look good on paper, and give me fun ideas to attempt, in reality I just get walked on by rush/aggro decks and then want to go back to something more standard and boring.

Also, +1 for giving nergal's ability a resource cost, if even just 1 resource.

Lastly, I feel siegfried's nerf was a bit too hard, and I dont even play haven ever. Also, I think fleshbane should be the same as siegfriend, it doesn't make sense to nerf one but not the other. Especially since you introduced a new inccorporeal. Untaimed Wraith is actually overpowered imo. Too good of stats for a 3-drop. Way better than its 4-drop counterpart.

1. Too small. 103 cards is about the size of a single Scroll when Legend of the Five Rings was dabbling in episodic releases (Scorpion Clan Coup/The Hidden Emperor) and those were coming out MONTHLY.

2. The fortunes and non-unique spells are pretty bad across the board. Ones I'd likely consider using are: Resolute Stand, Lightning Strike, Ice Splinters, Heat Wave, Fate Twister, Minor Recall, Sister's Tent, Chamber of Dementia, Void Rift, Seria's Last Order, Battle Trance, Hall of Fortune, Altar of Wishes, Forgotten Cave. Maybe Stampede, Ice Shell, Revised Tactics, Early Grave or Scrying Pool if I'm being experimental. That's less than half of them.

3. Faction imbalance is depressing. Inferno didn't get enough good stuff, Necropolis got WAY too much, when they were already insanely strong. Seriously, Decay Spitter, Soul Consuming Lich, Hangman Tree AND Untamed Wraith? Also, you nerfed Haven. Haven.

4. Vast majority of neutral creatures are crap. Again. Why is pointless rubbish like Lesser Water Elemental even being included?

5. Card distribution continues to be utterly dire. I managed to get three copies of The Silent Death, 2 copies each of The Strength of the Sea and The Loght of Tomorrow and EIGHT copies of Blood of my Tribe, but still haven't gotten The Might of Nature, The Forbidden Flame, Immaculate Glory or Living Nightmare yet, among many others.

WAY too expensive.

Herald is simply beyond the reach of free-to-play players (i.e. casual).

I don't think you should be restricting (via excessive cost) new expansions to paying (hardcore) players only.

Your continual refusal to cater to casual players will be this game's undoing.

Originally Posted by reapersaurus Go to original post
    WAY too expensive.

Herald is simply beyond the reach of free-to-play players (i.e. casual).

I don't think you should be restricting (via excessive cost) new expansions to paying (hardcore) players only.

Your continual refusal to cater to casual players will be this game's undoing.
    You mean, they aren't doing a good job of satisfying "customers" who don't pay them any money? I think they're probably going to be ok with that.

Originally Posted by Psychobabble.au Go to original post
    You mean, they aren't doing a good job of satisfying "customers" who don't pay them any money? I think they're probably going to be ok with that.
    In my case, it's not the price that's bothering me- it's the ATROCIOUS card distribution. Until I hear something about it being addressed, they're not seeing another brass razoo from me. I got my FOURTH friggin' copy of The Silent Death last night!

Originally Posted by ArcaneAzmadi Go to original post
    In my case, it's not the price that's bothering me- it's the ATROCIOUS card distribution. Until I hear something about it being addressed, they're not seeing another brass razoo from me. I got my FOURTH friggin' copy of The Silent Death last night!
    Yep, I agree on this point. The lack of any system for anyone to actively target individual cards actively deters people from spending money on the game, apart from perhaps an initial boost to get commons/uncommons more quickly. Spending real money on seals to try to get specific rares/epics is just silly under the current system, and one of the major weaknesses of the game.

Originally Posted by Psychobabble.au Go to original post
    Yep, I agree on this point. The lack of any system for anyone to actively target individual cards actively deters people from spending money on the game, apart from perhaps an initial boost to get commons/uncommons more quickly. Spending real money on seals to try to get specific rares/epics is just silly under the current system, and one of the major weaknesses of the game.
    I don't think we need the ability to target specific cards, although that would help. I just think they need to look at the pack distribution algorithms, because there's SOMETHING screwed up there. You can't even really say this is "true randomness" because I have noted a PATTERN of bad drops. I have got 8 unique epic spell drops from Herald of the Void packs: 4 copies of The Silent Death and 2 each of The Light of Tomorrow and The Strength of the Sea, with NO copies of any of the other four. That's EXTREMELY implausible. Yes, it's "possible" if the distribution is truly random, but I don't think it is, I think there's something genuinely wrong.

Originally Posted by ArcaneAzmadi Go to original post
    I don't think we need the ability to target specific cards, although that would help. I just think they need to look at the pack distribution algorithms, because there's SOMETHING screwed up there. You can't even really say this is "true randomness" because I have noted a PATTERN of bad drops. I have got 8 unique epic spell drops from Herald of the Void packs: 4 copies of The Silent Death and 2 each of The Light of Tomorrow and The Strength of the Sea, with NO copies of any of the other four. That's EXTREMELY implausible. Yes, it's "possible" if the distribution is truly random, but I don't think it is, I think there's something genuinely wrong.
    People have a fundamental difficulty in getting their head around randomness, especially with small sample sizes. Ubisoft can check if their distribution is working correctly quite easily - and I'm sure it does over a large enough sample size - the problem is that the system is broken and getting rare/epic cards only through random drops is inherently a bad idea.

regarding singles: i understand why they do not want to introduce a market for this matter. maybe it should be a bazaar once a month? once per two weeks? or an auction house? you put out a card and exchange it for a set of pre-determined cards (and wait for someone who is willing to make the deal) or for cards+gold or gold+seals? like, it works for 24 hours and then shuts to re-open in a month (2 weeks)? and you can make up to 3/4/5 purchases this way?
    this way you get a chance to obtain exactly what you need in a trade session and make some profit selling your stuff. besides, this way it won't impact the economics of the game - for this fair you need resource

I very much like the addition of the new cards and most of the existing card changes, however a few things are getting in the way of seeing a more diverse meta.

- Necro has become rushier than inferno which feels so very wrong.
    - Packs are too expensive, making the game more grind-heavy than ever. I can understand if you do not want to lower the price of reinforcements but void at 18.5k? Really?
    - If the daily rewards were introduced to keep the newcomers playing, this isn't really working. Random, no choice, bonuses they cannot really take advantage of or have no interest in.
    - I cannot believe the Mulligan bug and crashes have not been resolved yet. This is pretty much unacceptable.
    - While I definitely wanted Kieran and Siegfried to get nerfed, their abilities are all but useless now. Meanwhile other heroes that were next to useless still remain so. It shouldn't be hard to tweak them a bit, that would make the meta so much more interesting!
    - Many cards that were really bad and could have been playable remain unused.
    - Chat should have an option to turn off all those distracting sounds.
    - Elo matchmaking remains ridiculously bad, often pairing people against 200-400 rating above or below.
    - There should be more incentives to play at a higher elo so that some would have no reason to drop their elo on purpose.