Ubi-Lhainiev's Avatar Moderator

Uplay connection issues

If you have troubles connecting to Uplay PC, please follow the different steps listed below. If these doesn't solve your issue, make sure to also fill in a ticket via http://support.ubi.com so that our Support teams are clearly aware of any potential issue and feel free to leave any relevant details below.

If you can log in to Uplay PC with your Uplay account but have trouble connecting to multiplayer, please check the AC3 multiplayer connection troubleshooting thread.

Wrong username/password

- Double-check your password
    - Uplay Passwords are case sensitive
    - Uplay passwords are between 6 and 16 characters long

Try logging in to Uplay.com, Uplay on iOS or another Uplay location to check if you remember your password correctly. Because the passwordfield in Uplay PC let's you enter more than 16 characters, please also makesure you are typing in only 16 characters max.

"You need to login online at least once before using offline mode"

If you receive the above message upon your first login, click on the "Settings" button on the login screen and make sure the "Always Start Uplay in Offlinemode" box is not ticked off.

If this doesn'tsolve your issue, please check your internet connection (see below).

"Uplay is minimized- Unable to bring it up"

Right click Uplay, click "Maximize".

OR

1. Select the application on the taskbar
    2. Hit Alt-Space
    3. Hit the "M" key.
    4. Hit the Left Arrow Key (Any arror).
    5. Then move your mouse, the window in question should be attached to your mouse pointer

"The Uplay Launcher has stopped working"

Right click on the game icon and select "Run as Administrator".

"An Ubisoft service is unavailable at the moment"

Try flushing your DNS. For instructions on how to do this, please see here: http://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

"Cannot connect to the internet" error messageIf you receive this message and can otherwise connect correctly to the Internet with other programs, please try the following steps:

1) Make sure your Uplay PC client is up-to-date. You might also want to try desinstalling and reinstalling Uplay PC by downloading the latest version from Uplay.com

2) Follow the steps provided in the following Support article to check your firewall, open the needed network ports, check background applications or your "hosts" file: AC3 Launcher and multiplayer connection issues

"Ubisoft servers are currently unavailable"
    Our servers might be undergoing a scheduled maintenance or might be currently unreachable.Check the UbisoftSuport, @Ubisoft & @UplaySupport to see if there is any scheduled maintenance. You can also follow accounts for our games such as @Assassinscreed or @farcrygame for maintenance notice.

CONTACT UBISOFT SUPPORT
    If the above steps do not solve your issue, please make sure to contact Ubisoft Support via http://support.ubi.com, and provide as much information as possible on your issue. The more information you provide, the easier it will be for our Support team to cross details with the ones submitted by other users and progress towards resolving your issue.

Please include:
    - The exact error message you are getting.
    - Whether you have bought your game on Steam or from another location.
    - What operating system you are running on your system.
    - What country you are from.
    - What steps you have already followed to solve the issue.
    - When your issue started and whether it is occuring all the time or only from time to time.
    - You can also attach the [/FONT][FONT=Arial]launcher_log file you will find in C: \ Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher.

It is also important to provide these details when posting about a technical issue on our forums.

U play won't start

Yesterday I updated my U play because I was asked to. After the update I played the game without any trouble. Today I wanted to play Far Cry 3 but when I doubleclicked on the game, it did not start. I tried with the dvd inserted but it did not help. After some time I realized that it was caused by the new update from U play. I tried to start the U play game launcher but it would not start. I am out of ideas. I spend one hour trying to solve the problem. I hope that my problem is familiar so that you know what youre up against. Good luck finding the bug. I look forward to your solution. Sorry for the grammer. I am dutch.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Lhainiev Go to original post
    If you have troubles connecting to Uplay PC, please follow the different steps listed below. If these doesn't solve your issue, make sure to also fill in a ticket via http://support.ubi.com so that our Support teams are clearly aware of any potential issue and feel free to leave any relevant details below.

If you can log in to Uplay PC with your Uplay account but have trouble connecting to multiplayer, please check the AC3 multiplayer connection troubleshooting thread.

Wrong username/password

- Double-check your password
    - Uplay Passwords are case sensitive
    - Uplay passwords are between 6 and 16 characters long

Try logging in to Uplay.com, Uplay on iOS or another Uplay location to check if you remember your password correctly. Because the passwordfield in Uplay PC let's you enter more than 16 characters, please also makesure you are typing in only 16 characters max.

"You need to login online at least once before using offline mode"

If you receive the above message upon your first login, click on the "Settings" button on the login screen and make sure the "Always Start Uplay in Offlinemode" box is not ticked off.

If this doesn'tsolve your issue, please check your internet connection (see below).

"Uplay is minimized- Unable to bring it up"

Right click Uplay, click "Maximize".

OR

1. Select the application on the taskbar
    2. Hit Alt-Space
    3. Hit the "M" key.
    4. Hit the Left Arrow Key (Any arror).
    5. Then move your mouse, the window in question should be attached to your mouse pointer

"The Uplay Launcher has stopped working"

Right click on the game icon and select "Run as Administrator".

"An Ubisoft service is unavailable at the moment"

Try flushing your DNS. For instructions on how to do this, please see here: http://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

"Cannot connect to the internet" error messageIf you receive this message and can otherwise connect correctly to the Internet with other programs, please try the following steps:

1) Make sure your Uplay PC client is up-to-date. You might also want to try desinstalling and reinstalling Uplay PC by downloading the latest version from Uplay.com

2) Follow the steps provided in the following Support article to check your firewall, open the needed network ports, check background applications or your "hosts" file: AC3 Launcher and multiplayer connection issues

"Ubisoft servers are currently unavailable"
    Our servers might be undergoing a scheduled maintenance or might be currently unreachable.Check the UbisoftSuport, @Ubisoft & @UplaySupport to see if there is any scheduled maintenance. You can also follow accounts for our games such as @Assassinscreed or @farcrygame for maintenance notice.

CONTACT UBISOFT SUPPORT
    If the above steps do not solve your issue, please make sure to contact Ubisoft Support via http://support.ubi.com, and provide as much information as possible on your issue. The more information you provide, the easier it will be for our Support team to cross details with the ones submitted by other users and progress towards resolving your issue.

Please include:
    - The exact error message you are getting.
    - Whether you have bought your game on Steam or from another location.
    - What operating system you are running on your system.
    - What country you are from.
    - What steps you have already followed to solve the issue.
    - When your issue started and whether it is occuring all the time or only from time to time.
    - You can also attach the [/FONT][FONT=Arial]launcher_log file you will find in C: \ Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher.

It is also important to provide these details when posting about a technical issue on our forums.

SilentAssa - Thank you for reporting this and I will include it in today's report. In the meantime, if the above steps do not work for you, please create a ticket to Support by clicking on the My Questions link, then Ask a Question tab here: http://support.ubi.com/

Alternatively you may call them. You can find the Support Team in your region here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Originally Posted by Ubi-Lhainiev Go to original post
    "Cannot connect to the internet" error message
    If you receive this message and can otherwise connect correctly to the Internet with other programs, please try the following steps:

In my case i did follow those helps non worked submitted ticket they told me to uninstal the antivirus it helped until i installed it. Again cant connect
    its saying that it doesn't recognize uplay certificate even if i allow it still no effect (my antivir is kaspersky internet security)
    So now whenever i want to connect i need to completely shut down antivir log in and turn it on again can U fix it somehow

Uplay crashing immediately on startup

Every time I try to open Uplay or a game that will automatically start up Uplay, the game won't start and in the task manager I see the Uplay game launcher start, the I see the windows error reporting process WerFault.exe, and Uplay game launcher disappears from my processes list. I can't play my ubisoft games, and this is extremely annoying. Yes I have reinstalled, that didn't help.

Hi Extrame134 - Have you tried the other tips above? (other than the re-install). The next step would be to contact Support or give them a quick call.

It's been some time since I last played any of my Ubisoft games so I didn't remembered my password. After reseting it and trying to login into Uplay it keep's saying the my login email/password are incorrect. How can I solve this? I can login in any website belonging to Ubisoft. This is driving me insane :\

Please create a ticket to Support by clicking on the My Questions link, then Ask a Question tab here: http://support.ubi.com/

Alternatively you may call them. You can find the Support Team in your region here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

hello. my friend cant remember his uplay password and when he tried to change it he forgot the email he used to create the account. please help.

Hi o.O-headshot - Your friend will have to contact Support to get help on recovering it. To do this he can create a new account to log a ticket or call them. The links are directly above.