ACfan443's Avatar Senior Member

" 'the sun, your son' was never as important as fans made it out to be" [spoilers]

This was posted on twitter a few days ago, and since no one's made a thread about it, I'll put this here for those who haven't seen it.

Writer Darby asked fans what mysteries in the series they want addressing in AC:BF, and an obvious one that cropped up was the conversation between Clay and Desmond in the cluster video, he hinted at how it will be resolved.
    Here's the conversation:

I'm happy that it will be addressed, but the nature of the tweets makes me feel that this mysterious and very interesting plot point will just be brushed off lazily and treated as something trivial. Your thoughts?

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    So they just basically put cryptic things in there that didn't mean anything?

Sooooo they were the ramblings of a madman.

So all the cool cryptic messages were just there because... they were cool... and cryptic? I am disappointed.

ACfan443's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by sidspyker24 Go to original post
    Sooooo they were the ramblings of a madman.
    Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    So they just basically put cryptic things in there that didn't mean anything?
    Basically. Although I don't think that was the initial vision. I strongly feel that this was supposed to turn into something bigger. But because they didn't know what to do with it they're now taking the easy route out.

Originally Posted by ACfan443 Go to original post
    Basically. Although I don't think that was the initial vision. I strongly feel that this was supposed to turn into something bigger. But because they didn't know what to do with it they're now taking the easy route out.
    The easy route being forgetting all those things existed.

rupok2's Avatar Member
    Lol ya right. The whole alternate timeline thing is just a cop out, AC was supposed to be trilogy but they wanted to continue to story and messed it up starting with ACR. I don't understand why they didn't just finish the story of desmond and then start a new totally different story.

montagemik's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ACfan443 Go to original post
    I'd go with that theory , They intended an actual relevance to this quote - But got bored with Desmond & wanted to end it quickly then move on to Pirates.
    I'd imagine many plot points are retconned depending which game's Dev team takes priority in the series .

(AC-B & AC-R were expendable in many parts of their script i suppose)

My thoughts at the time were - It's just some muddled rambling from 16 , A mix up of his thoughts / emotions/personas. We saw Altair & his son say a final thanks & farewell - & a mirror image of that scene with 16 saying farewell & thanks to Desmond .
    So i assumed 16 & Dahrim was the ""Your SON"" referenced to Desmond & Altair - 16 (dahrim) saw Desmond as his father (Altair) Also perhaps a way for 16 to thank & say farewell to his real father by proxy ( at least say farewell to an incarnation of a father figure who's relationship with his son was closer than 16 had with his real father )

But it's just my speculation regards 16's ramblings & actions. ( Ask Darby if i'm way off the mark here )

""The SUN" was always just a reference to the 2012 prophecy or the 1st Civ disaster (do we know how many lives 16 relived & which periods)

Originally Posted by rupok2 Go to original post
    Lol ya right. The whole alternate timeline thing is just a cop out, AC was supposed to be trilogy but they wanted to continue to story and messed it up starting with ACR. I don't understand why they didn't just finish the story of desmond and then start a new totally different story.
    They're doing that now...apparently.

TheHumanTowel's Avatar Senior Member
    It's a shame they seem to be just brushing it off as something unimportant. I think it's pretty clear this isn't how they intended the story to go so now they're just trying to write around it. Expected but disappointing all the same.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last ►►