Assassins Creed 4 Pre-order.

Hello, I am looking to make my first pre order on the Uplay website. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they work, for example am i charged when the item is dispatched. Thank you.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    You get charged straight away... I did.

flyin-bart's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    You get charged straight away... I did.
    Ahhhh.............the secrets out........you did pre-order then

True_Assassin92's Avatar Member
    And you are wasting your time

Originally Posted by flyin-bart Go to original post
    Ahhhh.............the secrets out........you did pre-order then
    Aha! Jokes on you, it happened when I ordered the AC3 Freedom Edition

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by puffinmuffin94 Go to original post
    Hello, I am looking to make my first pre order on the Uplay website. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they work, for example am i charged when the item is dispatched. Thank you.
    Hello and welcome to the Forums
    I would suggest checking out the Order Information section of the Uplay Help section.
    https://shop.ubi.com/store?Action=Di...S&SiteID=ubina

When will my credit card be charged?For purchases of downloaded products, your credit card will be charged the day after your order is placed.For purchases of physical products, you won't be billed until your product is shipped. This includes any preordered or backordered products. If your items are shipped separately you will be billed each time a product is shipped.

I think the accept Paypal too but probably charges upfront for this method. Iirc, if you use a card, they'll secretly charge an amount then refund it to check the validity of your card. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

Originally Posted by Ureh Go to original post
    I think the accept Paypal too but probably charges upfront for this method. Iirc, if you use a card, they'll secretly charge an amount then refund it to check the validity of your card. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.
    You get charged straight away

flyin-bart's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    You get charged straight away
    Yep.....I can confirm this too.Pre ordered Black Chest edition from Uplay and payed via PayPal and it was out my account before you could say..... "I'm hoping black flag will beat the arse off AC3, really looking forward to some ingame footage from E3, with hopefully a confirmation that the sailing element of the game is FAR suprerior to AC3 in that the actual sailing is fairly realistic and not just an arcade style of gameplay like in AC3 where you do all the steering (youre the captain and you should get the option to have your crew do it!) and the crew just wander around on the deck like zombies. I'd wanna see them go up the rigging when you order full sail, do odd jobs on the ship, AND to have a full roam experience on the ship rather than just on deck. To hear the wood creak and groan when youre sailing along and are below decks, a decent navigation experience, not a GPS powered ship moving along on a map.....for you all out there real pirates didn't have GPS...batteries wern't invented then!!! Atmosphere......GIVE US ATMOSPHERE AND IMMERSION.....PLEASE."

Ok, it came out of my account a bit quicker than that!!!!