MSV-Vextor's Avatar Community Manager

What maps do you NOT want in the Gold Playlist anymore? (All platforms)

Hello all,

On Monday 27/5 two maps from each platform's Gold playlist are to be removed, as the new maps you have voted for will be added. Which maps should be removed?

Please keep this thread as civil as possible. Remember: You are giving negative feedback on someone else's work - be courteous, keep it simple and to the point. All feedback in this thread will be weighed very carefully. We reserve the right to remove any map we wish to remove, but your feedback will play a big role.

Thank you.

DapperHayden007's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    I want to mention one thing before I check later on with maps that need to go gold.

The way of doing nominations needs to change in my opinion, I am finding that people are cheating by creating multiple accounts (which I know of one person who has tried to do that on the Xbox gold thread) and sharing their map on social networking sites (ie Facebook, telling them to vote for their map, even when these people over Facebook don't even play the game. which again I know of one person who has done that and is going to get their map gold because of it, I find it completely unfair)

My strategy I am using at the moment for my Red vs Blue seems to be a decent strategy (it may gather less votes, but people must have been a member for at least a month with at least 50 posts to vote on any competition) this way works by getting rid of the poll style completely and having all voting done in the comments, it is then easier to catch out cheaters, the only downside is that you need to count the votes up at the end. BUT it is a much more
    legitimate way of doing it in my opinion. There may still be cheaters but it would be MUCH harder to cheat and people would find it pointless

I will mention 2 maps for Xbox later on

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    Feel free to nominated my maps to be removed, ive had my time in gold my maps have hit vote and favs saturation point in gold anyway

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Xbox 360 Current Gold List - 12 Maps (In alphabetical order - if there are more I didn't see them when joining)

ABANDONED DeZx by x FoXx o
    Afghan winter hd by aw lost soldier
    ASTEROIDS by DeathWeaponX
    MECH WARS PRIME by longridr
    MMC1 Cliffside
    MMC1 Contain Day by loops73
    MMC1 Crops by slasherz117
    MMC1 O Christo by by capt hindsight0
    Oil Arsenic II
    Riviera by BlueMasterGhi
    Rockford Falls by WHITELJONO8
    Titans Of War by AW LOST SOLDIER

PS3 Current Gold Playlist - 9 Maps (In alphabetical order - if there are more I didn't see them when joining)

MMC1_ABYSS
    MMC1_BLACK HAWK DOWN
    MMC1_ONR-MAYDAY
    MMC1_Stratos
    Hurricane
    NUKETOWN RECICLADO
    Omaha beach 1942
    Prison Riot
    REMNANT

Unsure of PC List.

1. I think it is unfair that the 360 side has more maps on the list, that would be nice to see them have the same figure.

2. Is it really fair to have any author having more than one map on that list - I don't think it is but thats maybe just my opinion.

3. Taking only 2 maps off will not make a lot of difference to the Current List on 360 and PS3 - Seriously there are some bad maps especially on the PS3 side, at least 4 would make me stay in the Gold List longer but as is I often drop out at the poor playability on some of the maps - and it is very difficult to even get in a game on Gold these days - silver is more popular maybe because the maps are different and people are sick of the same stuff on Gold.

My PS3 Nominations are - In this order
    NUKETOWN RECICLADO
    Prison Riot

Hurricane
    Omaha beach 1942
    MMC1_ABYSS

I know there are 5 but it would be good to see those exchanged, Vextor if you don't have a heart then in that order with the top ones been my 2 choices first.

My XBOX 360 Nominations are - in this order.
    Rockford Falls by WHITELJONO8
    MMC1 Contain Day by loops73

MMC1 Cliffside
    MMC1 Crops by slasherz117
    Titans Of War by AW LOST SOLDIER (I feel his other map performs better in playability)

Thanks to longridr for pointing out that MECH WARS PRIME was also gold, I updated the 360 list.

LINK HERE to images of the twelve 360 maps in the Gold Playlist.

ImGonaG3tUsucka's Avatar Member
    My xbox360 Nominations with the top ones being my 2 choices first.

MMC1 CONTAIN DAY
    MMC1 CROPS

ROCKFORD FALLS
    MMC1 CLIFFSIDE
    AFGHAN WINTER HD

To keep the gold play list alive and the MP they should replace 5 maps. This process is so slow and because only 2 maps are being replaced no one will be left to play the game. In fact this will probably the last we will see any new maps on the gold. I heard PC MP is a ghost town. Im sure ubi wants that anyway less work for them to do.

Ol Barakus's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Before i start, id just like to say, i never played much of gold playlist...the reason i loved FC was the chance to play new maps everyday, so i mainly played silver an bronze. so some of these maps ive never heard of lol!
    Anyways...

1st vote goes too:
    MMC1 CONTAIN DAY

Actually, id find it unfair to vote anymore...i simply cannot remember them! I know the ones i liked...AFGHAN WINTER, CLIFFSIDE, CRISTO & ASTEROIDS
    So 1 vote from me, hope thats ok

FR_Player-One's Avatar Member
    I agree with Fallen Champ, 4 maps switching (removing 4 + adding 4) should be the way to go. At least that, I mean that's the least that should be done.

Maybe on PS3, as the Gold playlist contains only 9 maps, against 11 on XBOX, you could remove 2 and add 4. But it's not up to me..

On PS3, for my vote, the maps we should remove are :
    Nuketown Reciclado
    Omaha Beach 1942
    / Hurricane
    ( I can't choose between both, they equally do not deserve to be in the Gold playlist. )

I don't mind the other maps for now.

PS : When will the new maps be added to Gold ? And how many per platform ?

My 5 picks for xbox are

Rockford falls
    MMC1 Contain Day
    MMC1 Cliffside
    MMC1 Crops
    Titans of War

Atleast take out 2 maps and put in 5 new ones to keep the gold maps fresh.

My top two votes are for MMC1 CLIFFSIDE and ROCKFORD FALLS to be removed.Shame there cant be more removed .6 maps should be removed in my opinion,because these votes dont happen very often .

PS3

- NUKETOWN RECICLADO
    Why ? there are better versions out there

- Omaha beach 1942
    Why ? Way to open...just a weak map

but if it was up to me...i would remove more ....coz there are more weak maps on gold tier....there just 2 or 3 maps on gold that are decent on gold

2. Is it really fair to have any author having more than one map on that list - I don't think it is but thats maybe just my opinion.
    i agree there should be a limit of maps by the same player....but i think 2 or 3 is the max ..

3. Taking only 2 maps off will not make a lot of difference to the Current List on 360 and PS3 - Seriously there are some bad maps especially on the PS3 side, at least 4 would make me stay in the Gold List longer but as is I often drop out at the poor playability on some of the maps - and it is very difficult to even get in a game on Gold these days - silver is more popular maybe because the maps are different and people are sick of the same stuff on Gold.
    i agree...2 maps wil not change anything..but this was mentioned before but i guess ubi isnt listening and keeping to their plan..

i dont think if even more maps will be added, will change much...unless its about a 100 top maps of many different mappers.....i think silver tier is the only chance to play their maps in public (for most people)... so people will stick to silver tier...no matter what on how small the chance is...that you get lucky to see your map....

many people like variation and there is non in gold tier

Maybe on PS3, as the Gold playlist contains only 9 maps, against 11 on XBOX, you could remove 2 and add 4. But it's not up to me..
    - agree

btw...why arent you using the ingame message board to announce their will be new gold maps and gold map voting....just an idea...(thought 18 votes on the ps3 side...was a bit emberassing)