Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative

PC - Title Update 1.8 is available

Ghost Recon PC players,

We’re happy to announce that Title Update 1.8 is now available.

If your PC is connected to the Internet when you launch Ghost Recon Future Soldier, an auto downloader will pop up to inform you that a game update is available for download and installation. To verify that T.U. 1.8 is correctly installed, check for the following in-game version number on the main menu: 1.8.130422.
    Change log

Support for Windows XP.
    Support for DirectX 9 on Windows Vista and Windows 7 (DirectX11 is recommended).
    Improved performance of Volumetric Lighting and Global Illumination.
    New graphical option to enable real-time rendering of all reflective surfaces (eg. windows).
    Improved framerate performance for ATI users.
    Support for Uplay friends’ list with more than 100 contacts.
    Fixed Gunsmith issues for Windows user names with special characters (é, à, ç, etc.).
    Improved textures on “Market Night” map.

Known issues and workarounds

Highest quality of 'Global Illumination' option is meant to be used with high-end (Radeon HD7900 or GeForce GTX680 and higher) and future hardware. Setting Global Illumination to medium is recommended if you are experiencing low frame rate.
    The new 'Reflections' option is designed for high-end configurations only. Please disable this option if you are experiencing low frame rate.
    AMD dual-core processor with Windows XP (for users who have not installed SP3): you may experience a fast flickering of the in-game menu items. To work around this problem, install the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer available on the AMD website.
    AMD or nVidia Dual-GPU / Crossfire / SLI cards: in order to avoid graphical issues, you will have to manually disable the multi-GPU modes of your video drivers prior to running the game under the DX9 environment.
    In some isolated cases activating the Crossfire multi-GPU technology on a mobile Radeon HD6990M from Alienware results in a performance drop compared to a single GPU of the same setup.

Notes regarding Windows XP support

Due to limitations of the engine and multithreading management in Windows XP, the performance with Windows XP may be lower than the performance obtained with the same hardware configuration using a more recent version of Windows. Please use a more recent version of Windows for a better experience.

See you online!

1.7 feedback http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...h-1-7-Feedback

1.6 known issues and workarounds http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...nd-Workarounds
     1 people found this helpful

Guerilla Mode is now broken. Endless loop of loading screen. . Another +1 to issues.

Changing resolution in the graphics options seems to be broken, I'm not seeing any options.

Originally Posted by slashpen Go to original post
    Guerilla Mode is now broken. Endless loop of loading screen. . Another +1 to issues.
    Same problem here.

Im just curious is this really what they were doing the all 6 months? Not single fix to multiplayer but instead more bugs, just wow.

Several issues still present;
    Weapons in Gunsmith still not unlocked (Skorpion, Gsh, Kard, etc.) and unable to be unlocked by meeting their criteria - has always been an issue and needs to be sorted.
    Guerilla mode no longer loads, just gets stuck in an endless loading screen.
    Attempting to launch an SP mission causes a hard hang roughly a third of the time, does not appear to be tied to a single mission.

I am a Steam user who has had only minor issues with the game before (such as the weapons not being available, and washed out colours) but this patch has made the game far worse.

As an aside - perhaps the OP should alter their original post to state that some graphical issues can be changed by creating a custom resolution in your graphics card control software (e.g. 1920x1080 becomes 1918x1080) that can solve framerate, image quality issues and washed out colours. No I don't understand how it works but the game looks a lot better by cutting those two pixels from the horizontal resolution.

Hey gang,

I'm very sorry you're having this issue.

The team is aware of the issues with Guerilla and campaign modes. The Dev team is working on it currently and it will be fixed as soon as possible today.

Guerilla mode isn't even my biggest peeve, I've been trying to unlock all the guns and attachments for a couple of weeks now and when I saw the game update I got really excited, I thought 'yes! they've finally fixed the broken guns' but no, a handful of the SP weapons are still completely inaccessible and now the SP is pretty much broken too.

I don't want to sound like I'm *****ing but I've gotta call Ubi out on this - this is just plain unacceptable. You guys have attempted to add support for an old OS (which is commendable by the way) but have neglected to fix issues that were already present and known, and now you've added even more issues that have effectively broken the entire game.

What wrong with this arrow icons? Now have exclamation... minor/small but its an add up mess.

TheRealGunnut19's Avatar Senior Member
    Really should have read this thread before I accepted the install.

Guess I get to see what happens.

ecma4's Avatar Senior Member
    Are those complete patch notes? What about the gamma bug, Antoine said that would be fixed in this update? And zero multiplayer improvements? What about the lobby getting stuck, that happens all the time. No fixes for Connection Lost errors? Whats the point of us submitting bug reports if none of them are ever going to be fixed? Why was time spent adding "real-time rendering of all reflective surfaces" and not fixing bugs? Is that what the developer team thought the community wanted?

Is there a patch 1.9 planned, and if so what is its release date? What will it address?

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... Last ►►