I was watching an old movie and the pilots were using a towed barge behind a destroyer to practice their dive bombing and straffing. This little immersion touch would be a nice thing to have for target practice. I know you could just bomb your own destroyers but how hard would it be to throw in towed barge for this purpose? Hell, if they're going to throw in a wind sock why not a barge It's the little things that make a game a legend.

I was watching an old movie and the pilots were using a towed barge behind a destroyer to practice their dive bombing and straffing. This little immersion touch would be a nice thing to have for target practice. I know you could just bomb your own destroyers but how hard would it be to throw in towed barge for this purpose? Hell, if they're going to throw in a wind sock why not a barge It's the little things that make a game a legend.

Interesting idea,and a good one. Would be ideal for making training missions

Flying is like sex - I've never had all I wanted but occasionally I've had all I could stand.

Since PF provides us with "real" vehicles at no cost, why not bomb "real" vehicles?
    Should be easy to assign the same waypoints for a "towing" ship and the following (towed) target-drone

Mission goal: destroy drone, destroyer has to remain undamaged.

I think the Idea was to add a sense of realism....ships towing targets was the way it was done in that time period...and if you want to add a twist....planes towed targets for the AA to practice on...don't know if they did it onboard ship....but,as a small boy,I can remember seeing the Canadians line up their AA guns on the coast of Lake Superior,and have planes towing targets for them to practice on.They always put on a great show

Flying is like sex - I've never had all I wanted but occasionally I've had all I could stand.

I'd hate to be the plane towing the target
    I saw a bunch of really colorful Fairey Battles painted in some interesting Black and Yellow Target Tug Schemes

Actionhank
    ~Aaron White