🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

View Poll Results: Which map do you like the most?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aftermath - Ksmic

12 24.00%
  • boxer dezx - x foxx o

8 16.00%
  • treatment - capt hindsight0

1 2.00%
  • Back in Nam - Mike G Live

3 6.00%
  • NO TRESPASSING DBF2 - DOPEBOYFRESH007

1 2.00%
  • Digging for Gold - ImGonaG3tUsucka

4 8.00%
  • Pandemonium - Neokinesis

11 22.00%
  • Dethroned - TheSlimReeper

10 20.00%
    MSV-Vextor's Avatar Community Manager

XBOX360 Gold Voting Thread

Hello there!

Here are the nominated maps for this week. Please cast your vote on the map you like the most. The voting window will be open until Monday 2013-05-13.
    The maps with the most votes by Monday will be the ones that get entered into the gold playlist.

Keep your discussion in this thread as courteous and friendly as possible. Remember that you are giving feedback on somebody else's work.

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    One of the maps has been made with the grid limit hack (TREATMENT) no offense to the builder captain hindsight0 but it's not fair on the others who worked hard for days and days to stay in the limits.

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    ALS - Let me tell you this, if someone had made a map very quickly after launch or say like myself that was lucky enough to get a pre release copy I could have knocked one out which would have had the same Grid Limit allowance as the one you are crying about - so how would that have been a hack - Get this in your head it is NO HACK - It is simply removing an update, Imagine you buy a car that has some additions such as a racing steering wheel, racing seat belts and alloys but that car was originally sold without those items and you wish to replace them with the standard stuff - What is the difference, if someone opts to remove an update from a game this is just the same as someone purchasing the game today and not going online but instead making a map with the same Grid Limit Allowance pre patch.

They save the map and decide to go online and upload it after they download the patch / update, it would still work fine so how is it a Hack ?
    Ubisoft have not stopped this so it is obviously not an issue with anyone but you as you constantly whine about this.
    Relax and concentrate on your own stuff and let other people concentrate on theirs, don't vote if you don't agree.

I know it's just a matter of removing the update, i just like using the word hack, it's nice dirty name for cheating when others have worked their guts out trying to stay within the limit to try and get into gold, again i mean no offense to captain hindsight0, he makes very nice maps in fc2 and fc3 and it's not his fault if it gets nominated and he didn't intend it to go in gold, but it's like giving a sprinter a 2 sec head start in the 100 metres race.

A nice dirty word for cheating eh - well people could say the same about getting your map looked at by the developers or whoever it was then putting right what they had told you would improve the map and entering it into a contest (it does not bother me in the slightest because I looked at 2nd and 3rd placed maps and I would be ashamed to say those were my competition which I had to beat but this is not about that)

It is about been manipulative - The Elite Member tag is rather nice but is it good to call a member Elite when all they do is cause arguments and carry on like a child at school - You are around 40 years old man act your age.

I like the way you say this is nothing against the map builder, I often notice threads get started by you and if they don't go the way you want you edit them and change what you said to try and look all nice and make others look nasty.
    You asked me over at fcmaps several times to delete posts to dig you out of a big hole and in the end I just let them run their cause - sometimes you have to live and die by the sword as they say.
    Running ti Shade and getting things locked down if they don't go your way will wear thin after a while - Not sure why you are such a manipulative person - you have done some nice stuff in the editor with the FC2 maps even though I wasn't always into the playability side but with FC3 I have no interest in what you do - just another tosser who causes mayhem in the forums if you don't get your own way.

Now why don't you go ask someone to delete these posts or edit them, run along now be a good boy the teacher is watching.

What can i say to that.

Up to you - I have a very good memory but also ask yourself if Ubisoft really care about cheating - after all that glitch with the Machine Gun Turret is still active and to this day they fail to recognize it so they don't care about cheats either it seems.

I wont respond in the way you want me to, conversation over.

MSV-Vextor's Avatar Community Manager
    I'll step in here so the rest of the thread doesn't go offtopic.

We don't want people to go over the grid-limit. The simple reason is that those limits exist on the consoles for performance reasons, this is after all 8 year old hardware we are talking about.

Going over the grid limit will most likely only cause slight performance problems - but it CAN cause the entire console to lock up. The only way to get out of that is to restart the console.
    That might be fine for some of you who read these forums and know what to do. But you have to consider someone who just bought the game, starts a gold map (approved by Ubisoft, remember?) and then they see their entire console freeze after starting the match. They won't know why it happened.

I don't have any quick way of checking these maps without downloading each and every one to the test-console on my desk, then checking their values. I will do that once the voting is over.
    If it turns out that a map has gone way above the limits - it might not get picked in the end. The only way to be sure that your map doesn't risk this is to make the map within the parameters which are set up with the latest patch.

I do agree that mapmakers who struggle to get the map done within the limits should have their efforts recognized in some way. Those settings are the way the IGE is intended to function after all.

Vextor honestly there are not many people making maps with the Update removed, I don't know of any on the PS3 side although I removed the update myself when checking that it worked on that platform.

Possibly on 360 a handful of people - 5-10 so it really is not a big deal at all (on 360 it is more hassle removing the update and then re-applying than it is on PS3 plus it is time consuming and people are lazy)

There will not be that many maps been made this way and as you said those who know what they are doing will make sure the performance runs smooth on the maps - I best butt out of here as I will be not far away from a ban no doubt.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►