Are the rest of the games as bad as ac2 ?

i played ac1 last december and i fell in love with it. the setting, characters, intrigue and gameplay. sure it was repetitive, but it felt right. an assassin job is sorta repetitive, but then i got ac2. the cities were beautiful, ezio was great, but everything else was BAD. gone is the grey conflict, the intrigue, the investigation, the freedom, the difficulty and the smoothly flowing combat just why ?? that game could`v been as great or even better than ac1 it had it all beautiful setting, terrific ost, great character but it wasn't enough

i ask you guys, the hardcore fans, are the games after ac2 like this ? and which should i play first ?acbro or acrev? in terms of which came out first thanks

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    if you didn't like AC2 I doubt you'll like the others, but imo you should watch some gameplay footage on youtube and take your own conclusions...

ps: I suggest doing it without have AC1 in mind.

Originally Posted by dxsxhxcx Go to original post
    ps: I suggest doing it without have AC1 in mind.
    that`s gonna be hard, since my dislike for ac2 is completely based on my love for ac1 :/

from what you`re saying, it doesnt sound like i may want continue this series

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    The fights get a lot more fluid in the next installments, but the "grey" conflict never returns to the same heights of AC1. ACB had Cartoon Network villains again, ACR was a little better and AC3 was better still in this regard, but AC1 is still the most morally ambiguous.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    You`re actually a lot more positive on AC II than i am...considering the title of your thread basically says that AC II was bad

BATISTABUS's Avatar AC Expert
    After AC1, every game will feel lacking in one way or another. There are things that are lost and gained, but I still feel like AC1 was the best overall. AC3 brings back the grey conflict in full-force (Revelations does this to a lesser extent) and has the best combat, but there are a slew of other issues. ACB feels possibly the most polished overall, but the combat is even easier and the Templars take black-and-white to a whole new level. You probably wouldn't enjoy Revelations much more...chances are, you'd be disappointed by the Altair bits, and the Ezio stuff isn't much different than Brotherhood (although the story and his motivations are pretty interesting).

For me, it's
    1. AC1
    2. AC3
    3. ACB (partially because of multiplayer)
    4. AC2
    5. ACR (the game does plenty of things right, but the formula felt stale)

so far it sounds like nothing comes close to ac1 but the grey conflict and more smooth combat do freedom and planning return?or investigations?

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by hlms-4896 Go to original post
    so far it sounds like nothing comes close to ac1 but the grey conflict and more smooth combat do freedom and planning return?or investigations?
    Ehehehe......heh....heh...the freedom is uhh..

Look just quit now :|

BATISTABUS's Avatar AC Expert
    Play Red Dead Redemption....haha.

silvermercy's Avatar AC Expert
    You should play them in order if you can. Even if you don't like them it would make sense just for story's sake I suppose...
    You may belong in the category of fans who like AC1 but dislike AC2 and AC2:Brotherhood. But on the other hand, they like AC2:Revelations and AC3 more.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►