🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Dlc

Could you make the extra dlc (Breakthrough, Palace, Cyberpunk, Untouchables, etc.) for sale as add-ons? They could range from $5-10 depending on the pack. Please? Especially in the US it can get expensive trying to obtain each dlc. Thank you.

OnSync's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by austindoeshalo Go to original post
    Could you make the extra dlc (Breakthrough, Palace, Cyberpunk, Untouchables, etc.) for sale as add-ons? They could range from $5-10 depending on the pack. Please? Especially in the US it can get expensive trying to obtain each dlc. Thank you.
    There will be a season pass, and these might be part of it as small DLC's - I hope.
    It would be nice if in the future they would make new zones and missions.
    This game is gon be awesome!!

dragoy's Avatar Senior Member
    They will have to make additional missions etc, no sure about zones but they might expand areas we can goto in the city. If they didnt they wouldnt sell the season pass to people who will get all the extras at launch as if they didnt whats the reason for those players to purchase the season pass ?

I have a question regarding the Vigilante Edition. Does anyone know if the physical items in the package is of the same quality as the ones sold separately by ubisoft? More to the point, is the products in this package the same as: http://store.ubiworkshop.com/watch-d...cessories/hats and http://store.ubiworkshop.com/watch-d...n-pearce-scarf ?

I'm asking because I've seen different versions sold on amazon, some of them with questionable quality (and look) compared to ubisoft version.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Hi,

They will be of similar quality - though maybe slightly different from the retail versions in terms of design etc.

You may find copies of them available else where, however I can't say how they compare - since they are an unknown factor - you should always try and buy the official products where possible, since you are sure of the quality and it's supporting the game

Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    you should always try and buy the official products where possible, since you are sure of the quality and it's supporting the game
    That's not always an option in every country. I would've ordered them from ubiworkshop, but the fact that price for the two items is $60 excluding shipping taxes (I don't even know if Ubisoft is shipping worldwide to begin with) kind of puts me off.

Now let's take this image and this video and tell me what should I believe when I make a decision to buy the product that it's advertise as is and having a 'shocking' surprise when opening the actual retail package? Is it so hard for Ubisoft to show more than an artwork and AE presentation, so customers could actually know what to expect when buying their products?

You pretty much consolidate the decision to skip the package completely, since there are no alternatives to check the package before buying and just go with the standard game (so the support for the game will still be there, just not for this shady marketing strategies Ubisoft is pulling).

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    I was referring to the cheap 'copies' available else where - which you said about - not official Ubisoft products.

All Ubisoft products are of high quality.

Ubisoft can only show real items - after the game is ready to ship, since production is still ongoing for items in the bundles.

It's possible that we will release a real unboxing video - however - I can't promise.

I can say, that the bundled items will be of the regular Ubisoft quality and also covered if any problems arise, by customer support.

I don't want to sound rude or anything, it's just that it wouldn't be the first time I buy a product based on advertisement and get something completely different (and this covers all online shopping and not only physical merchandise).

So don't get me wrong if I come a little skeptical when a manager (or even just a moderator) tells me that the quality is top notch. I'm not saying that it's not, I think my question was rather clear if the items contained in the Vigilante Edition are the same as the ones sold separately in the workshop. I didn't got a straight answer, so I responded accordingly. I can't go by trust, not anymore. I may just have to wait for an unboxing video, otherwise I'll have to skip this package.

Thanks for you replies.

Originally Posted by eXodL Go to original post
    I don't want to sound rude or anything, it's just that it wouldn't be the first time I buy a product based on advertisement and get something completely different (and this covers all online shopping and not only physical merchandise).

So don't get me wrong if I come a little skeptical when a manager (or even just a moderator) tells me that the quality is top notch. I'm not saying that it's not, I think my question was rather clear if the items contained in the Vigilante Edition are the same as the ones sold separately in the workshop. I didn't got a straight answer, so I responded accordingly. I can't go by trust, not anymore. I may just have to wait for an unboxing video, otherwise I'll have to skip this package.

Thanks for you replies.
    I've bought collector's editions from Ubisoft and also identical/similar products from Ubiworkshop. I have yet to buy the Ubiworkshop Aiden hat or scarf and can't compare them to the Vigilante Edition (cause it hasn't been released yet!). But I did compare the Ubiworkshop's Assassin's Creed 3 flag to the Ubisoft AC3 Limited Edition flag. If the flags are anything to go by... then yes, the workshop hat/scarf will be different in terms of materials when compared to the Vigilante Edition's hat/scarf. However, judging the quality is subjective but it's natural for us to assume that Ubiworkshop products are of higher quality since they cost more. Example:

AC3 Limited Edition Flag
    1. Seems to be made from thin nylon or other shiny material
    2. Stars are embroidered
    3. Wrapped in a transparent plastic bag
    4. Was included in the Limited Edition with other extras for 100 USD

Ubiworkshop's AC3 Flag
    1. Seems to be made from a think denim-like material
    2. Stars are printed on flag
    3. Packaged in a AC3 -themed cardboard box
    4. Was sold separately for 40 USD (but sometimes received a huge discount if purchased with other items)

If you haven't done so, you can try to contact Ubiworkshop to see if they can confirm the differences for you... often times they work very closely with the team that design the collector's editions.

If you haven't thought about this, also try searching the web for other unboxing videos and photos (from places like collectorsedition.org). A lot of enthusiasts will take super duper close-up photos in crystal clear quality so you can see exactly what you're planning to get. Most Ubisoft collector's editions have an ample supply, so delaying the purchase probably won't cause you to miss out on the vigilante edition.

Mr_Shade,

If I have the base game, will I be able to upgrade to the digital deluxe edition to receive the digital perks? Is this going to be offered through the Uplay store?