AvK KiNgKoBrA's Avatar Senior Member

[SPOILERS]TOKW Confusion

My question is was the event of TOKW real? Or were they jus a fabrication created by the Apple, perhaps foretelling events to come?

My reasons why are because TOKW is supposed to be canon for the main storyline.Washington said many times he kept gettin dreams from the apple an that Conner was in them. Is it possible that those events never happened an Washington an Ezio was jus standing in the woods the entire time?

Also its rumored within the AC series that an Apple has time warping abilities so any clarifacition would be well appreciated

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by AvK KiNgKoBrA Go to original post
    My question is was the event of TOKW real? Or were they jus a fabrication created by the Apple, perhaps foretelling events to come?

My reasons why are because TOKW is supposed to be canon for the main storyline.Washington said many times he kept gettin dreams from the apple an that Conner was in them. Is it possible that those events never happened an Washington an Ezio was jus standing in the woods the entire time?

Also its rumored within the AC series that an Apple has time warping abilities so any clarifacition would be well appreciated
    A vision by the Apple, so it shows what MIGHT happen had certain events not occur....or new events occured....it`s a twisted world where GW uses the Apple to become King, but they`re both standing in the forest the entire time, actually, it`s most probably extremely brief...like....5 or 6 seconds in real time, but obviously a grand adventure in the vision itself...get my meaning ?? Dreams are actually about less than a minute long, but in the dream, you feel like it`s pretty long

montagemik's Avatar Senior Member
    Personally - I took it to be a premonition of a possible future - Shared in a split second where Connor & Washington both touched the Apple .........
    So i say they were both stood in the woods for just a few moments in reality - but Just like a dream , the passing of time within the Vision is distorted .

The events of TOKW are supposed to be cannon - in the sense that the events shown were shared/ experienced by both Connor & Washington - So for those two people the vision happened & potentially influenced Washington's leadership decisions for the nation............ Think of it like a nod to the Dollar Bill design .
    "In God We Trust" ( Washington has been shown & now knows , no one man can be trusted with ultimate power & total control , however noble the intentions )
    The pyramid - All powerful ruler overseeing from on high, set above all others ( another remnant from washington's Vision )
    The Eagle Standard, holding arrows & a branch = Strength & nobility ( a referance to Washington's ally throughout revolution & the one who saves him within his dreams/ nightmares = Connor & his magic willow tea )

IWGCJoeCool's Avatar Member
    after it was all over, and watched the last memory fragment, i was sure it probably occurred "in canon", as far as Washington having acquired an Apple for a time, sought Connor out, believing him to be both upright and spiritually enlightened. as for the TOKW, i believe that it was a split second, where they both experienced visions, personal and concurrently.

sorry for the spoiler

JC

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Possible future. Basically.

1. GW was getting visions from the Apple about his corrupt self
    2. He really did meet Connor in the Frontier.
    3. When Washington and Connor touched the apple at the same time, both of them saw what was to come if Washington kept the apple.

I guess its basically explaining why Washington never became King.

Abeonis's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by AvK KiNgKoBrA Go to original post
    Nothing is rumoured, it is explicitly stated ​that at least one Piece of Eden has the ability to manipulate time, but at no point is it indicated that this Piece is an Apple..

waynedavies89's Avatar AC Expert
    TOKW shows what could have happened to the world if Conner didnt become an Assassin, I would guess to say something was changed way before Conner was born, probably involving Edward, to alter the timeline of Haythem and ultimately Conner.

Anyone notice how Washington's Horse was Black everytime until he gave the Apple to Connor? After which he leaves on a white horse (I believe he is always shown on a white horse in real life).

None of the events in TOKW other than the three artifact memories and the ending were real. Everything else was the vision that the two shared when they touched the apple. It was a "what if" vision and Connor was never an Assassin and many of the events in the single player game didnt happen (characters still alive). It was not an exact vision of what would have happened, it was a vision of what it would have been like if Washington had used the Apple for evil.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Quirky Jezza Go to original post
    Anyone notice how Washington's Horse was Black everytime until he gave the Apple to Connor? After which he leaves on a white horse (I believe he is always shown on a white horse in real life).
    Probably an oversight, but I didn't notice but will take your word for it. AC games are known for its inconsistencies and oversights.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►