Obviously they should refund everyone who bought the game just now and let them have the key codes because this is just unbelieavable bs. Also as stated before, why do you guys cry about piracy when you cant solve a simple problem and we cant even play the game.
    Theres one major difference in pirated games : YOU CAN PLAY THEM! But your drm is all ****ed up and cant even play what we paid for.
    i know you addressed theres a problem but 4 days already?`When will it end?

Fix the ****ing problem or send everyone who bought the g ame another license so we can activate the game!

Freaking 2.1 patch

Originally Posted by Overmind29 Go to original post
    guys all you need to do to be able to play this is having original game at patch 1.8, download 2.1 patch from launcher or provided links for your game version, install patch, unlock SoD (if you have bought it ofc) in Unlock content menu. (DO NOT uninstall anything that is what couses most of the trouble. Ubisoft was extremely unclear in how to obtain your SoD and even how to correctly patch to 2.1) All works fine if you will do it this way, only preorder bonuses do not appear yet... i hope this will be fixed soon.
    Hi,

I have the game at 1.8 version. I got the SoD...I downloaded 2.1 patch...however when I run it it says SoD is not installed!!! Any ideas?

Thanks...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/48220/...0576610720/#p1

PLEASE SIGN THIS!

note to ubisoft: Alot of people are soon to sue you guys.

I have 1.8 installed, I pre-ordered SoD on steam.
    The key I got is invalid, I hear people with patch 2.1 can get their key to work but patch 2.1 won't install from the manual download because SoD is not installed.
    So the suggested fix for my key not working isn't working because my key isn't working!
    THE HELL!?

Originally Posted by Joopajoo222 Go to original post
    note to ubisoft: Alot of people are soon to sue you guys.
    Only if their parents will allow it...

Originally Posted by Mr.Dragon Go to original post
    I have 1.8 installed, I pre-ordered SoD on steam.
    The key I got is invalid, I hear people with patch 2.1 can get their key to work but patch 2.1 won't install from the manual download because SoD is not installed.
    So the suggested fix for my key not working isn't working because my key isn't working!
    THE HELL!?
    Patch 2.1 is SOD. Install the patch, following the instructions here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...es-of-Darkness
    And you will be fine. More or less.

LISTEN FELLAS I MANAGED TO FIX ALL PROBLEMS WITH DIGITAL VERSION.

Download game even if looks like core game.
    Install game.
    Update it to 1.8 using uplay.
    When you are 1.8, download version of "2.1 digital-patch" using FIREFOX BROWSER(corrupt files error seems to related with chrome, havent tried IE, but firefox fixed it.)
    Install 2.1 digital-patch.
    Check your contents in main menu, if they dont say "unlocked", then use your activation key on SHADES OF DARKNESS.

fans help other fans, i got this working all by help of others and a bit of self-experimental attemps. Have fun with playing the game!

ChrisD.1's Avatar Senior Member
    i am genuinely surprised at people who are willing to go through such hoops to play the game they bought!!! usually when you pirate a game there's a lot of things you have to do but you say to yourself "hey it's free"! seriously look at the big picture!! you PAID for the game the company treats us like idiots and you have to do weird stuff to install the expansion you PAID!!
    and then we wonder why companies like ubisoft continue to exist! happy gaming everyone!give them some more money! they don't need to publsh a game just send them an envelope or something

I tried to post a ticket in Support, but it doesn't show up in "My Question History". Did the ticket get through or not?

I think we're gonna have to wait till Monday. No response at all today, I'm afraid nobody is working on fixing this today...

Originally Posted by LordTheRon Go to original post
    I think we're gonna have to wait till Monday. No response at all today, I'm afraid nobody is working on fixing this today...
    Monday is a UK public holiday, so I am hopig Ubi US branch fixes this. Otherwise we have to wait till Tuesday. Sad thing is, since I have a long weekend, I specifically bought H6 to play this weekend. Now Im forced to stare at the forums waiting for an update.

Ubisoft - I sincerey hope you give us a key to a free game in order to make up for this or you will be losing a lot of customers. EA did it after the SimCity fiasco. And when I say 'game', I mean a good one, like Far Cry 3. EA gave out free Battlefield 3 licenses after people who preordered the game were not able to access the servers for 24 hours. We are sitting in the exact same situation so we expect some free stuff after this has been fixed.