NakiBest's Avatar Senior Member
    Russian patch 2.1 pulled from servers!??! After Heroes VI utterly failed on my main desktop PC after the 2.1 update, on my 2nd computer, a laptop, I tried to update from 1.8 to 2.1. The digital version said I need SoD installed and do not have it.
    I did not install the non-digital one, because the steps in the UbiMush link said not to do that, and it was that version that caused my main PC Heroes VI game to fail completely and miserably..
    So, I fired up gu.exe which SHOULD update the game, but on my 2nd computer it now goes straight into the UPlay Launcher, and when I run the game, the version is at 1.8.
    Also, a very bad impression - the patcher said "Virtous China" - maybe the problem lies in those Chinese programmers, so not exactly UBI.
    Of course, no excuse!!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Please see first post for updates.

it says some files are corrupt. anyone here know anything about heroes 6 digital download? can i uninstall- and install again? or do i have to redownload 7.7 gb again?

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush Go to original post
    There is no patch for Russia...

Isn't that you released a patch for HOMM VI: Shades of Darkness and just falsly marked that as update for both HOMM VI normal version and Shadess of Darkness version?
    From that all the mess. I can see my Deluxe edition as Shades of Darkness and everything is locked in the game. When I try to enter the key it says it has been already activated.
    I bought this game on steam to play it now. I need it now.
    Anybody has found a workaround for this?

HMorisson's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush Go to original post
    Dear "Mush",

while I do know and respect that you are not personally responsible for the massively ridiculous mess Ubisoft has gotten itself into, you are still the only official person in sight - so please do ask your bosses or colleagues or whatever for an ETA concerning those of us (and I believe we are easily in our hundreds if not thousands) who, for the last 24+ hours, can do nothing else but stare at the main menu of an otherwise utterly broken and completely unplayable game.
    The ticket I opened yesterday still has not received any answer, not even an automated one, and the periodical "They're working on it" really doesn't quite cut it.

I am a community administrator for a larger pinboard myself, though on a voluntary basis - if it is the same with you guys and you simply don't have anyone you can call up to ask about specifics, just tell us; that would at least be more understandable than just repeating the same, sorry, useless oneliners again and again.

jet800's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by HMorisson Go to original post
    Dear "Mush",

while I do know and respect that you are not personally responsible for the massively ridiculous mess Ubisoft has gotten itself into, you are still the only official person in sight - so please do ask your bosses or colleagues or whatever for an ETA concerning those of us (and I believe we are easily in our hundreds if not thousands) who, for the last 24+ hours, can do nothing else but stare at the main menu of an otherwise utterly broken and completely unplayable game.
    The ticket I opened yesterday still has not received any answer, not even an automated one, and the periodical "They're working on it" really doesn't quite cut it.

I am a community administrator for a larger pinboard myself, though on a voluntary basis - if it is the same with you guys and you simply don't have anyone you can call up to ask about specifics, just tell us; that would at least be more understandable than just repeating the same, sorry, useless oneliners again and again.
    It was proposed more than once w/o any result, I guess Mush is limited on this due to corporate politics, as if he would give us an ETA it becomes official and then if they fail again - they'll get even more hate. Something like that, but this whole thing must do something in Ubi leaders mind.

Still have "Black Screen" issue when im loading a saved game.
    Also i can start a game only at 4 or 5th time. Black screen at startup in first 3-4 launches.

Bought it over 24 hours ago and can't do ANYTHING. I really don't even want to play this peace of poop game anymore. I'm gonna just ask for a refund and pretend like this game never existed. I hope Ubisoft burns in hell.