Aza404's Avatar DoC Shoutcaster

Thursday Combo Clash - 25/04/2013 - The Soul Web Armageddon

Dear Champions,

Today’s Combo Clash was submitted by Infernal_Wisdom and is called « Soul WebArmageddon » and allows the user to cast many spells, like an Armageddon, FOR FREE!

How does it work?
    By combining two Moonsilk Spiders with a Soul Syphon card, you can cast devastating direct damage spells for a much lower cost!

Check out how Infernal_Wisdom uses this combination to cast an Armageddon spell for free!

Enjoy,
    Aza

That I can only applaud, creative thinking

Uraxor's Avatar Heed the Call!
    Combo:
    Step 1) Get 2 Spiders out against a heavy board and KEEP them there.
    Step 2) Get further 2 cards to combo with the Spiders.

The only dilemma is to decide which step is less likely to happen.

But yeah, it's creative and I guess fun to pull off against AI.

Infernal_Wisdom's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks Aza and Elementalist brothers

And Uraxor even though we havent play yet, I know you are a great player your comments are much worthy for me

and yes it is so situatinal combo, maybe not competative but I always try to create some other decks

but believe me in real games I did it before to actual players for instance with ariana two 0 costed puppet master in the same round etc and it is devastating

even if you have no spiders soul syphon is a great magic card and its so underrated, thats why I tried that combo

Maybe there is a better use of soul syphon, I wont know

naaaaah long story short.... mages prevail, long live demons long live chaos!!!

Thanks again all you guys

Uraxor's Avatar Heed the Call!
    Don't take me wrong - it's a really nice combo, by far the most creative we've seen here in a long time.

I was pointing that it takes ages to set up and is very fragile; Spider (same Chaos Imps) are not played for a reason after all.
    Of course you will be able to play it successfully at lower elos, but hey, that's the place where Fire Ball is winning games!

Soul Syphon in general is not a good card, because it needs a lot to set it up: basically, you need to be losing board hard. In which case, wouldn't it be better to focus your cards on preventing that situation, rather than dealing with it? And of course it requires two cards to cast. By time you'll be able to play it meaningfully, you will probably be hitting mid/late game and by then having to use two cards instead of one will deck you out bad.

There are creative decks around, utilizing Soul Syphon + Time Jump (+ Throne, e.g.). But then again, these are waiting for opponent's mistake of overextending on board.

What you say are all so true I know

But I have an experience about myself from other games

Winning or loosing is not important to me(though winning is the main cause but not mine at the moment)

For instance I am maybe a worldwide dota player but I get bored you know maybe its natural after playing 10 years the same game :P

More important thing to me is game must not go in a standart way, otherwise I get bored

But it is true that on elo 1500+ games are different probably I dont have experience on that high

Its just my way to surprise myself and not getting bored til I get some powerful cards

for instance on swiss tourneys it says Im 14th and I got 4 Vampire fricking assasin but only 1 wolf captain and none caller of the void, only 1 throne and only 2 tower of oblivions etc and god knows I tried to play nergal otk with 1 tower and 1 throne and it was fun not useful but fun

So until I get that cards, my main reason to play is not getting bored after I get full deck of void and base set, maybe I can focus more on winning

Sorry for bad english and long writings if I bore you too

Thanks aagain for your comments

ps: good luck on your next tournament matches Uraxor full support from Turkey way to go

4 Vampire assassins?? Fun!

I like to play with funny decks but they are only funny against people who don't beat you in 5turns XD

I don't play anymore with Spiders or Vampire Assassins (it's hard) but I like to see these combos, they can change my mind; and please if you have some ideas with Vamp ***. share them!

thx dudes I dont have any ideas for vampire assasins also there is a funny conversation between me and quarison 'bout this

Infernal_Wisdom: Bro why the heck are vampire assasins even epic? they do 1 damage... and tainted orc common they got 7 HP 4 damage and kills most of units
    Quarison: but bro I discovered lately when vampire assasin deals retal damage to any unit they die too
    Infernal_Wisdom: soooo.... than you say a creature with 3 damage without immunity to retaliation dies instant, so tanky dude so tanky, that explains why the card is epic (sarcastic)

after we laughed there were 3 seconds of sacred silence

Also funny decks are not funny only against noob people, make a discard deck but fully dicard pray to god to send you an otk deck, believe me that guy sends if you pray enough :P and after trolling that otk you may quit the tournament and with 2-3 observing friends you can laugh so much believe me no competative match gives you that pleasure something like that be creative :P

Yearh I still like that combi... and I stille like Spider!! I like every combi with a Spider!