DapperHayden007's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Originally Posted by Arid Orchid Go to original post
    lol don't feel rushed or anything im just excited cause this map looks sweet! and freedom harbor looks pretty cool as well, isn't that one a co-op?
    Yeah, Freedom Harbor is a Co-Op map which in all honesty TheSlimReeper has done most of the work (I have been trailing behind with finishing College (2 days left!!!) ) and need to speak to Slim to get more work done on the map.

Just one more question sorry haha, i've been playing around with an idea of a single player map after seeing yours and i was wondering how you were going to get passed the 16 ai map total? its still fun with 16 but i wish i could put more
    You see the problem with this is that there is no way around it, so I am giving the players a little more of a challenge by adding weaker weapons to the map and adding some different types of AI (people for thugs and what not) I will be trying to strategically place each and every AI around the map, it may be quiet but I want people to be surprised when they see a "Zombie" It is all about strategy over survival in this map. Oh and I am looking at having about 3 safe houses in total

With the slight "edit" to the theme (making it more overgrown) I can get away with adding one or 2 animals too which would be a surprise and add to the challenge Exploration is key in this map

oh awesome sounds like its going to be epic

Haha I love the mcdonalds sign! You might want to do what I did and divide the map into different smaller levels. This may mean less of an open world but it will allow you to put in a lot more AI and make the total map as large as you want. Kinda like the different islands from GTA.

Originally Posted by MauroRobert Go to original post
    Haha I love the mcdonalds sign! You might want to do what I did and divide the map into different smaller levels. This may mean less of an open world but it will allow you to put in a lot more AI and make the total map as large as you want. Kinda like the different islands from GTA.
    Thanks! The biggest problem I have with dividing it all is that I am basing this map around Exploration, I want you to be able to go anywhere and do anything, it gives a sense of freedom. The worst place for zombies will be at the center of the map (where McDonalds and everything is, but that will also be the place where you get most the new weapons and what not. Now I am not saying that is going to be the best place for finding things, but it is certainly where the challenge is, that is why I will be leading diversion paths away from the city, that then makes the player want to go off to another area in the map and explore. Think FC3 single player but a much more dense environment with all sorts of places to go. For Example, I have a cave with a rocket launcher in it, but make sure the zombies don't spot you in there, otherwise you are dead. It is all about strategy.

I wanted to make this a survival open world map, it may not be as challenging but when you actually see an enemy I am hoping it makes you jump.

man i wish i could see it haha

man i wish i could see it haha
    I want to make a new trailer for it next week, doing a LOT of detail work at the moment to give it an "Overgrown" feel (a bit like The Last Of Us) although, there will be quite a lot of variation on the map,

Realized that there is quite a bit of demand for this map (I am already building hype better than Peter Molyneux)

dapper, this looks mighty fine! looking forward to this

make the trailer long this time lol

Originally Posted by skinmysenses Go to original post
    dapper, this looks mighty fine! looking forward to this
    Thanks! I have been focusing the images mainly around McDonalds at the moment as it is the Center of the map and therefore the Centerpiece, I will be showing more of the map when the next trailer comes along.

make the trailer long this time lol
    It will be longer but again only a mere tease of the map. More parts of the map will be shown. I have most of the main area done which means the rest of the map should come along nicely. I am currently on 60% objects at the moment, it should be up to 70% before the next video shows up.

EDIT:- CHECK OUT THE FOUR BRAND NEW IMAGES BELOW!

NEW IMAGES AS PROMISED!

Don't forget guys, these images have incomplete areas of the map in them, they don't look quite as finished as I wanted them to be