Originally Posted by KazuoMitarashi Go to original post
    This is definitely what makes it so confusing. Some people claim they haven't been able to play with friends since the game came out. I claim it started shortly after the Minor Hack patch. It also got progressively worse for me. Before, after the temporary game freeze, I could join their group, but we'd be invisible to each other. Now I just get booted from multiplayer all together.
    Mine started around the start of 2013 and ended several weeks ago. I don't know whether it's got anything to do with patches, rather it's internal and server based.

Invite Glitch?

Hi ^^
    I'm new to the forum, but I have a question...
    I love to play Assassinate with my friend, but as of late, whenever I try to create a group to invite her or she tries to invite me...I freeze. D:
    We can get around it by just simply joining the other's game when there is room...but we like to play Artifact Assault too, and it can be quite tedious to play until we finally get onto the same team, only to be split the very next game.
    So my question is- Is there any way to fix this?

If you create the group. The PS3 will freeze for about a minute, then unfreeze and resume normally. After you have sent the invite to your friend, the moment they join, your PS3 will temporarily freeze again. Once it has unfrozen the second time, they are in your group. Here's the catch, you are both invisible to each other, meaning you actually can't see that they are in your group. On their screen, they can't see you but they also can't launch the group (because you're the group leader). Once you launch, you'll be playing normally.

If you try to accept an invite, your PS3 will freeze and once it has unfrozen, you will be kicked into Limited Mode with the message "Ubisoft Services are unavailable."

Trust me, I know all about this glitch. It's been around since the game's release but has been slowly spreading ever since, I became affected by it a few weeks ago. Ubisoft consistently refuses to accept its a glitch in their game and instead insists it's a problem with the player's connection when it clearly isn't. Thus, they've yet to fix it and probably never won't. Follow my steps above though and with patience you'll be able to play with friends.

What about if we have a full team?nWill I have to wait about five minutes to get a group of four?

Let's say you want to invite 3 others for a full group of 4. Your game will freeze for each friend that joins. (It helps if you have everyone in a text chat group so they can quickly let you know they are in your group and waiting since you can't see them.) Once you know every you wanted to play with has joined your invisible group, you can launch. The game will resume as normal, looking for a game to join or looking for other players to fill the remaining spots to start a game.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thank you !^^

Regardless of how to work around it, this doesn't dismiss that it's a seriously annoying glitch that Ubisoft needs to fix lol.

I agree, I love this game but some of these glitches are game breaking /:

Originally Posted by KazuoMitarashi Go to original post
    If you create the group. The PS3 will freeze for about a minute, then unfreeze and resume normally. After you have sent the invite to your friend, the moment they join, your PS3 will temporarily freeze again. Once it has unfrozen the second time, they are in your group. Here's the catch, you are both invisible to each other, meaning you actually can't see that they are in your group. On their screen, they can't see you but they also can't launch the group (because you're the group leader). Once you launch, you'll be playing normally.

If you try to accept an invite, your PS3 will freeze and once it has unfrozen, you will be kicked into Limited Mode with the message "Ubisoft Services are unavailable."

Trust me, I know all about this glitch. It's been around since the game's release but has been slowly spreading ever since, I became affected by it a few weeks ago. Ubisoft consistently refuses to accept its a glitch in their game and instead insists it's a problem with the player's connection when it clearly isn't. Thus, they've yet to fix it and probably never won't. Follow my steps above though and with patience you'll be able to play with friends.
    THIS
    had this prob since day 1 lolz

I've been having this problem a month ago. Support ticket was no help. Forum was no help. It's frustrating cause the only reason I play this crappy game is so that i can play with my clanmates and friends.