Aza404's Avatar DoC Shoutcaster

Thursday COMBO CLASH - 11/04/2013 - Cursed Dance

Dear champions,

This week’s Combo Clash is an good one sent to us by Patate_Noire and called Cursed Dance.
    It’s a bit costly, but will enable you to deal some great damage to your opponent’s creatures with Dark magic spells!

How does it work?
    Start off by using Curse of the Penitent to inflict a good amount of damage to all enemy creatures, then follow up with Curse of the Netherworld to finish of all creatures that had 6 health points or less at the beginning of the turn AND give 3 health back to all your creatures!
    This will enable you to kill of most of the creatures on the other side of the battlefield while providing your troops with a good health regeneration

Check out this video to see it in use:

Enjoy,
    Aza

I think this combo can kill 7 HP creatures too (Penitent rounds up the damage).

7 is important because all the high resource Stronghold creatures have 7 hit points generally. It cant kill 8 hp creatures though.

Uraxor's Avatar Heed the Call!
    Hydra is correct.

Further options: Curse of the Penitent + IS => best 7 Res removal of 'em all.
    2x Curse => will leave everything at 1/2 HP: easy job for your creatures - you clean the board with your side surviving!

But overall I consider Curse to be one of the key cards for Ariana ... yet am the only one whom I've seen it play

Yep you're right hydra, didn't see the mention 'rounded up'.

Penintent+IS does as much damage but kill your creature aswell tho.
    And yeah, one of the reason I wanted to do a combo with this card was that I don't think I ever saw it used, like never.

And thx Aza for the name, way sexier than the one I had ^^

However, you perhaps don't want to do this if your opponent has some Wyvern Rider on the board not readily reachable...

Originally Posted by Uraxor Go to original post
    Hydra is correct.

Further options: Curse of the Penitent + IS => best 7 Res removal of 'em all.
    2x Curse => will leave everything at 1/2 HP: easy job for your creatures - you clean the board with your side surviving!

But overall I consider Curse to be one of the key cards for Ariana ... yet am the only one whom I've seen it play
    because if you play it when you have no creatures on the field it doesn't do anything (without combining with another card), and if you play it when you have creatures on the field then you've just given your opponent an opportunity to blow you out with word of light/insect swarm/spell twister on your swarm/firebolt etc. etc. Sure, there's magical christmasland scenarios when all you've got out are life drain creatures, but a lot of the time you're going to be handing a bunch of value to your opponent as well.

The 2-card, 10 (!!) resource combo outlined here is a nice situation, but it's going to be pretty rare obviously.

for the 7 HP Creatures... look at the Blazing Glory in the Vid... It takes 4 damage from the Penitent