Assassin's Creed: Terra Australis

This is my idea for an Assassin's Creed set in Australia/New Zealand

PLOT:

Assassin's Creed: Terra Australis
    The failed revolutions that swept through Europe in 1848, led to those who participated or supported the revolutions as "Forty-Eighters". Due to persecution many of the Forty-Eighters fled with most of them seeking refuge in Australia.

*Our Assassin hero is among the forty-eighters who is forced to flee to Australia

From here the developers can choose their own ideas as to where the want the game to lead. But here are some ideas:

***MAJOR EVENTS***

*1850- Eureka Rebellion - An armed uprising fighting for democracy, crushed during the Battle of the Eureka Stockade. (In Australia)

*1863/4- Invasion of Waikato - Involving 12 thousand Australian/British troops against 4 thousand Maori troops. Largest campaign of the New Zealand Land wars (In New Zealand)

*1868-1872- Te Kooti's War- The "ugliest and most savage" of all the New Zealand Land Wars. Involved at least 28 conflicts ranging from minor skirmishes to substantial battles. (In New Zealand)

*1868/9- Titokowaru's War - Major War of the New Zealand Land Wars
    - Battle of Turuturu-Mokai Redoubt
    - Battle of Te Ngutu o Te Manu
    - Battle of Moturoa
    - Battle of Tauranga-Ika
    (In New Zealand)

*1890-1901- Federation Era - The disparate colonies are united in Federation, unique architecture of the time, corruption rife, Civil War erupts in Queensland, founding father "Sir Henry Parkes" mysteriously dies just a few years before Federation. (In Australia)

***SMALLER EVENTS***

*1860/1- First Taranaki War - Battle at Te Kohia
    - Battle of Waireka
    - Battle of Puketakauere
    (In New Zealand)

*1861- Battle of Yindurupilly - 35+ Aboriginal warriors killed and 75+ Europeans killed. (In Australia)

*1863- Battle of Goimbla (In Australia)

*1863/6- Second Taranaki War - Attack on Sentry Hill
    - Cameron's West Coast Campaign

*1884- Battle of Battle Mountain - Over 200+ people slain in battle (In Australia)

***PRE-1848 HISTORICAL CONFLICT***

*1629- Battle of West Wallabi Island (In Australia)

*1795-1802- Pemulwuy's War - Battle of the Hawkesbury
    - Sacking of Lane Cove
    - Siege of Toongabbie
    - Battle of Parramatta

(In Australia)

*1804- Battle of Vinegar Hill- Led to the destruction of the Australian Empire (In Australia)

*1806/8- Tedbury's War (In Australia)

*1808- Rum Rebellion- Military coup of Sydney governor(In Australia)

*1807-1842- Musket Wars - A series of five hundred of more battles fought between Maori tribes. (In New Zealand)

*1824- Battle of Bathurst (In Australia)

*1828-1832- Black War- Black Line Campaign (In Australia)

*1834- Battle of Pinjarra (In Australia) Part of the Western Australian Land Wars

*1838- Battle of Faithfull (In Australia)

*1840- Battle of Yering (In Australia)

*1843- Battle of One Tree Hill (In Australia)

*1845/6- Flagstaff War - Attack on Flagstaff
    - Attack on Pomare's Pa
    - Battle of the Sticks
    - Battle of Okaihau
    - Battle of Te Ahuahu
    - Battle of Ohaeawai
    (In New Zealand)

I hope you read all of this and get some great ideas out of it, an Assassin's Creed set in Australia/New Zealand is perfect as there was tonnes of conflict happening. Sydney and Melbourne would be the main cities, and Auckland or Wellington (In New Zealand) would be a minor city.
    It is also interesting to note that Melbourne was the second largest city in the British Empire, only London was slightly larger.
    Australia/New Zealand are completely unused in games, MANY people won't expect it to be set there, be different and unique!!!

MasterAssasin84's Avatar Senior Member
    Interesting i would certainly be very intrigued with this idea ? , i have never seen any game set in this era , great idea to the OP and i like the key moments in its history.

sajber00's Avatar Member
    I guess you're from Australia?

Originally Posted by sajber00 Go to original post
    I guess you're from Australia?
    Rgardless were he comes from which is not important do you not think its an interesting idea ? i certainly think it is, its very unique.

sajber00's Avatar Member
    I mean, almost everyone has ideas about his own country. And this idea seems to be just about wars and battles. I didn't liked that AC3 was to much about war, and wouldn't do it if Ubi did it again. And for the second, I don't get ideas about wikings just because I come from Sweden. Indians want AC5 to be in India. Australians want it to be in Australia. It's... Irritating.

I mean, almost everyone has ideas about his own country. And this idea seems to be just about wars and battles. I didn't liked that AC3 was to much about war, and wouldn't do it if Ubi did it again. And for the second, I don't get ideas about wikings just because I come from Sweden. Indians want AC5 to be in India. Australians want it to be in Australia. It's... Irritating.
    I would love to see an Assassins Creed set in india there is so much history there, i dont care were they set it as long as the team stay away from WW2 i am happy.

An Australia/New Zealand setting wouldn't be nearly exciting if it didn't have wars and battles going on. I envision an AC: Terra Australis to be similiar to AC: Black Flag where you can explore the entire carribean and all the islands in between. In Terra Australis you could explore the great eastern cities of Australia, then hop on your ship and travel a short distance to New Zealand and explore there too. The wars/battles are only meant for the developers to see, that way they can use those events to tie into any story they create.

Here are some of the forts in Australia/New Zealand at the time.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Its like your yearly ritual isn't it? Each time a new AC is announced you make a thread like this. It was there last year too if I remember correctly?

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pirate1802 Go to original post
    Its like your yearly ritual isn't it? Each time a new AC is announced you make a thread like this. It was there last year too if I remember correctly?
    If my memory does not betray me:

1 Two threads about Australia in general.
    2 Then some more about an specific period known as Federation Sidney.
    3 Later England/Australia.
    4 And now Australia/New Zealand.

Dont know what he is trying to prove....

Next step full blown petition !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►