Restoring a previous Far Cry 3 installation

Hi. I had Far Cry 3 installed on a hard drive running Windows 7. Then I bought a new hard drive and installed Windows 8 there. I still got my Far Cry 3 data directory (almost 10 GB). I don't want to download the game again but to just move the files to the new Ubisoft directory. Is this possible? I've tried many things that haven't worked like moving the Far Cry 3 dir to Ubisoft/, then, as that didn't do anything, began downloading the game for a little while, found out where the files where being kept (in Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/cache/installers/46) and moved the old ones there, but nothing changes.

Thanks!

i'm sorry, I don't quite get what I'm supposed to do. When the game was installed on the old hard drive, it could be found in Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Far Cry 3. I copied that folder into the new Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft directory, which didn't work. Then I began downloading the game, finding out that uPlay was storing the files in Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/cache/installers/46. Because of this, I moved the files from the Far Cry 3 directory to that folder and restarted uPlay to see if it got me a 100% Downloaded, but it did not, it made no difference

Butcherbird59's Avatar Senior Member
    You must run the game's (installation files) Setup.exe to achieve a valid/working installation

..no way copying the former FC3 installation on a new hdd will work .. good ol MS DOS days are long over.

Next time keep the setup/installation files hence a reinstall is no problem - I got 2 external hdds for this and backup purpose.

I don't have the installation files. Gotta download the game again. Thank you for your help!