ruin in s4

i send a mail to dev team but no reply. so i post here.

it is said a ruin will appear 8 units from a grail. so what will happen if there is no free place near a grail within 8 or even longer distance? for example, all places are occupied by cities, or trees or portals?

anyone knows?

ps i must say the new forum is really really ugly... the old one is better

really good question - we can start to build portals at all such places - we already played against an alliance that build a wall of portal ruins at the border

@AndreanDW, i do like the great wall of the portals, it is helpful, and will be interesting for s4. i guess it will cause some trouble to the mechanism of ruins in the future.
    @lastwarrior, the nearest place can be 10 or 12 or even further if the alliance is reach enough.... you must halt even with legendary career and battle cry

The tough thing is you have to do that wall of portals for each new player that will build a grail. A given player can only build a grail in one round. Sounds expensive to me! Maybe if you're clever, you can build your grail cities in such a way as to re-use as many portals as possible. :-)

um all to push a halt out by 1 or 2 squares and not knowing which ruin the person is going to come out of....all these 'fiddles' to get around the game mechanisms dont make it any easier for the devs.