Too much exclusive content? + comprehensive guide

Is it me, or the amount of exclusive ingame content is getting ridiculously high? Just look what's coming! (also useful, if you are looking for a particular bonus)

Single player missions

Black island quest: Captain Morgan’s favorite ship has sunken off the coast with a full load of legendary sailing equipment. Explore the Black Island and retrieve these items pirates have desperately been looking for.

- preorder at Gamestop

- Buccaneer edition
    - Black Chest edition

Hidden mistery quest: follow Stede Bonnet’s path and find the secrets of his adventures on the beautiful island of St Lucia.

- Skull Edition

- Buccaneer edition
    - Black Chest edition

Sacrified Secrets quest: recover Captain Drake’s lost treasures, including golden flintlocks and cutlass when exploring the exotic island of Sacrifices.

- Special edition

- Skull edition
    - Buccaneer edition
    - Black Chest edition

Ship related

Connor Kenway’s sails

- Edward Kenway, the assassin pirate figurine

Deadly Black Ship

- preorder at Gamestop
    - Black Chest edition

Weapons:

Captain Morgan’s gun: the legendary silver flintlock pistol used by Captain Morgan.
    - Preorder at Gamestop

Edward Kenway’s family sword

Exclusive Dual swords
    - Special Edition

Exclusive Dual Flintlocks:

- Special edition

Golden dual swords:

- Special Edition
    - Skull Edition
    - Buccaneer edition
    - Black Chest edition

Sword of Eden:
    -Preorder at Ubishop

Outfits:

Captain Drake’s outfit

- Special edition

Captain Morgan’s outfit: multiplayer only. Includes costume, picture and title.
    - Preorder at Gamestop

Haytham’s unique outfit color

Multiplayer

Treasure hunter

- Skull edition
    - Special edition
    - Buccaneer edition
    - Black Chest edition

Packs

All preorders pack (Captain Kenway’s Legacy + Pride of the West Indies + Trove of Mystery + The Castaway’s Prize)
    - Black Chest edition

Black Island pack (Black island quest + Black ship + Captain Morgan’s gun + Captain Morgan’s outfit)
    - Preorder at Gamestop

Captain Kenway’s Legacy (Golden dual swords + Treasure hunter)

- Special edition

- Skull edition
    - Buccaneer edition
    - Black Chest edition

Pride of the West Indies (
    Golden dual swords + Treasure hunter + exclusive helm + multiplayer relic)
    - Black Chest edition

Sacrificed secrets pack (Sacrifice island quest + Captains Drake’s outfit + dual swords + dual flintlocks)
    - Special edition

The Castaway’s Prize
    (Golden dual swords + Treasure hunter + german rapier swords + multiplayer relic)
    - Black Chest edition

Trove of Mystery (
    Golden dual swords + Treasure hunter + exclusive helm + multiplayer relic)
    -Black Chest edition

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    I have no idea why people go crazy for all this stuff, when everybody knows it'll all come out later as DLC...

The place you preorder from should be based strictly on convenience; which in my case is always Gamestop since there's one five minutes away from my house. I'll be getting early access to the Captain Morgan gun and the black ship (whatever that is) and then a few weeks later I'll inevitably download all the other stuff.

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Don't worry about it. Only buy the basic game for the cheapest price you can find close to launch. Do not buy a season pass. Wait, and pick up the DLC you want when it falls to a sensible price, if at all. You're a fan, and therefore you'll play the game more than once. Wait to play it a second time to celebrate your eventual DLC purchase, and then play the complete game as it was meant to be.

The likelihood is that none of this is truly exclusive, and if it is, it's probably something forgettable that constitutes a tiny amount of the game. Sure, if you buy an expensive box you get some of it on day one, but it's almost certainly disappointing stuff. If there's anything really good coming, it's not going to be in these day one boxes.

Dag_B's Avatar Senior Member
    You forget those... what's the correct term, steering wheels?
    I only know the german pictures of those:
    Trove of Mystery (I think thats that one): http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/emea/ubi_...vollerFund.jpg
    Pride of the West Indies: http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/emea/ubi_...chenInseln.jpg

The last one we have a picture is "The Castaway’s Prize": http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/emea/ubi_...chenInseln.jpg
    Sorce, german announcements

Which brings me to the question:
    How do you know which one are in the Black Chest edition? As it says "all preorders" I thought those items like the sword of eden must be included too?

rileypoole1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Bloody hell that Captain Morgan costume is cool.

Thank you Dag_B! Iwill add your info. I'm getting the Black Chest edition, so plenty of stuff plus the sword of eden, which will be awesome

The sword of Eden is a usable weapon? Do you think it'll work just as a sword or will it have special powers? Also, do you think it plays a part in the storyline? So far the only Pieces of Eden we've used in the game have been Apples and Staffs. It'd be interesting to discover more about the others.

MasterAssasin84's Avatar Senior Member
    is the Black Chest edition not ubishop exclusive ? because i swear thats what i read on an email that i got from ubi soft - the exact words Pre order only on uplay which implies to me its ubi exclusive yet is says on this thread gamestop are stocking it ?

Dag_B's Avatar Senior Member
    No, it just says that you get for example "Black island quest" by preordering from GameStop OR in the Buccaneer Edition (regardless where you buy it) OR in the Black Chest edition (which is Uplayexclusive but the mission is in the Box so no need to preorder at GS). And so on.

Bastiaen's Avatar Senior Member
    @OP, yes, it is getting ridiculous. I'll preorder anyway, and I'll buy all the dlc, but this is simply excessive.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►