Idea for the setting of an Assassin's Creed Game.

I think the American Civil War would be a great setting for an Assassin's Creed game. What does everyone else think?

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Although I think it would be good, I am not a very big fan of repeating a country....

Favorites of mine would be the Opium Wars, victorian England, Mughal Empire and Ancient babylon.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Nope

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Red Dead's done that.

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Red Dead's done that. English Civil War on the other hand...

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Nope
    ^^

JarekKorczynski's Avatar Member
    17th century London or Paris of the same time:

London 1
    London 2
    London 3

Paris 1
    Paris 2
    Paris 3

Actually... ANYTHING that would bring the majestic feeling back to the series...
    AC III was a great fail for me in these regards. The cities were not what they used to be in previous games anymore... nothing really interesting enough to want you to climb the tops... generic houses and generic churches, same models repeated except for a limited number of landmarks (and even those looked alike)... Yes, we got the Frontier, we got climbing tree-tops... but it's not Tarzan, it's Assassin's Creed, where you're one with the city - it gives you advantage to stalk on your prey, it gives you shelter and hides you from enemies... In AC III you could hide in bushes... Yeaaah!... ;/

I feel spoiled by Ubisoft who gave us Acre, Jerusalem, Damascus, Florence, Venice, Rome, Istambul depicted as trully as the reference allowed, Boston and New York were hardly to distinguish and lacked a lot.. From what can bee seen in the new ACIV gameplay reveal trailer, Havana and Kingston are disapointments too... there is hardly enough reference to guess what it looked like in 17th/early 18th century, so we'll be getting a generic vista known from similar games already...

Not to mention that there is already a huge historical error present, by placing the Havana Cathedral (built 1777) in the 1715 setting... it's lame, especially after what credit Ubi deserves after getting so much of the details (like Ponto-di-Rialto bridge in Venice) right in previous games.

BRING BACK MASSIVE CITIES!
    not towns, not settlements with generic two storey buildings

CITIES!

Originally Posted by t0p4s Go to original post
    Actually... ANYTHING that would bring the majestic feeling back to the series...
    AC III was a great fail for me in these regards. The cities were not what they used to be in previous games anymore... nothing really interesting enough to want you to climb the tops... generic houses and generic churches, same models repeated except for a limited number of landmarks (and even those looked alike)... Yes, we got the Frontier, we got climbing tree-tops... but it's not Tarzan, it's Assassin's Creed, where you're one with the city - it gives you advantage to stalk on your prey, it gives you shelter and hides you from enemies... In AC III you could hide in bushes... Yeaaah!... ;/

I feel spoiled by Ubisoft who gave us Acre, Jerusalem, Damascus, Florence, Venice, Rome, Istambul depicted as trully as the reference allowed, Boston and New York were hardly to distinguish and lacked a lot.. From what can bee seen in the new ACIV gameplay reveal trailer, Havana and Kingston are disapointments too... there is hardly enough reference to guess what it looked like in 17th/early 18th century, so we'll be getting a generic vista known from similar games already...

Not to mention that there is already a huge historical error present, by placing the Havana Cathedral (built 1777) in the 1715 setting... it's lame, especially after what credit Ubi deserves after getting so much of the details (like Ponto-di-Rialto bridge in Venice) right in previous games.

BRING BACK MASSIVE CITIES!
    not towns, not settlements with generic two storey buildings

CITIES!

this whole post made me lol

JarekKorczynski's Avatar Member
    Glad to have entertained you

Originally Posted by t0p4s Go to original post
    Glad to have entertained you
    Thanks