Swiss Tournament Tickets

¨Hi everyone

I thought about Ticket for Swiss tounament and it costs 275 seals and we can win only Premium Void Rising Pack which cost 225 seals.
    Personnaly I think that ticket should be cheaper, because we must win 3 duels and pay 50 seals more to get Premium Void Rising Pack

r3tsa's Avatar Senior Member
    Wrong, 6 tickets cost 275 seals.

By the way, can anybody explain about the breakpoints?

Bazaltovy's Avatar Swiss Hunter
    It's the sum of points your opponents collected.
    Example: you've dueled with Player 1, 2, 3.
    Player 1 won all three matches, so he has 15 points.
    Player 2 won once and lost twice, so he has 7 points.
    Player 3 lost all him games - 3 points.

Your amount of break points is 15+7+3=25.

They are determining the better player while there's a draw. More break points = better.

So, as you said, breakpoint is something we can not decide.

And that would differ two players of same result (2 wins, 1 lose) but one make his 2nd win at round 2, the other make his at round 3.

Thanks!

The tickets should be bought with gold too...

Originally Posted by YinYang9 Go to original post
    So, as you said, breakpoint is something we can not decide.

And that would differ two players of same result (2 wins, 1 lose) but one make his 2nd win at round 2, the other make his at round 3.

Thanks!
    This isn't correct! Break points are for determining 2nd place. If you played 3 people the first game lost to eventual winner and you won other two but they won once you would have 15 + 7 + 7 = 29

It doesn't matter the order in which you win or lose, the break points are important based on the number of times the people you played against win.

I won my first 2 duels, then lost to the tournament winner in the final duel. I finished in fourth place =(
    How is this fair?

EnlightenedOwl's Avatar Member
    It isn't. Aren't tournaments awesome?

Well, virtually of the time if you don't get second after losing in the last round, it means that the person who did get second also only lost to the winner. And that person happened to beat players that did better in that tournament too, indicating that they had an overall tougher matchup so it is fair, according to the (very real) constraints of swiss matchmaking in such a small tournament.

These tourneys are swiss, not single elimination. You shouldn't have any a-priori expectation that losing only in the last round is any more meaningful than only losing once in one of the other rounds.