ArabianFrost's Avatar Senior Member

What does Ubisoft mean when they say you are going to play as "you"?

Wouldn't playing as "you" mean that you are playing the history game normally like any other game, without the game having any connection to the alternative universe of Abstergo? You know, just like any other video game. From what Ubisoft is saying, you're still playing as another character, who's unnamed, faceless and playing a historical character, so it doesn't really differ from playing as Desmond, except that Desmond had a face, a name and an ACTUAL direct effect on the modern time canon.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    You`re the Modern day protagonist...It works like Multiplayer...well..sorta...or Project Legacy if you`v heard of it

Originally Posted by ArabicAssassin Go to original post
    you're still playing as another character, who's playing another character,who's just unnamed and probably faceless, so it doesn't really differ from playing as Desmond
    Hahhahaha that made my day. I guess that's all it means, you're looking through William/Desmond's memories to find something I guess.

Actually, at the end of the multiplayer in ACR you turned out to be Otso Berg, so you still need to play as another character who plays another historical character. The thing is, you need a link between you, the modern day and the historical world, in this case, you are a faceless character. If they ditch the modern day canon completely, then you'll truly be playing as "you"

Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    You`re the Modern day protagonist...It works like Multiplayer...well..sorta...or Project Legacy if you`v heard of it
    Actually, at the end of the multiplayer in ACR you turned out to be Otso Berg, so you still need to play as another character who plays another historical character. The thing is, you need a link between you, the modern day and the historical world, in this case, you are a faceless character. If they ditch the modern day canon completely, then you'll truly be playing as "you"

Originally Posted by sidspyker24 Go to original post
    Hahhahaha that made my day. I guess that's all it means, you're looking through William/Desmond's memories to find something I guess.
    They could have just called us subject X and avoided all the confusion.
    Also' corrected this horribly confusing statement.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    maybe "we" are part of the canon ?

Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    maybe "we" are part of the canon ?
    Yes, "we", but since this is just a video game, then "we" must be an actual character in the modern day alternative canon of AC, and not actually "we". They are two different universes and saying that you are "you" in an Abtergo-ruled world, where 90% of Africa is dead, is just incorrect.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Yes, "we", but since this is just a video game, then "we" must be an actual character in the modern day alternative canon of AC, and not actually "we". They are two different universes and saying that you are "you" in an Abtergo-ruled world, where 90% of Africa is dead, is just incorrect.
    What if.... this isn't a videogame?

REVELATIONS!

Originally Posted by pirate1802 Go to original post
    What if.... this isn't a videogame?

REVELATIONS!
    I'm in Africa and still alive. Your statement is false. Take that Revelations.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►