LvlNinety9's Avatar Senior Member

No More Patches at the Moment

Not sure about everyone else but this has me somewhat concerned. Rocksmith at the moment is not planning on releasing any more patches. Read this on Twitter. This is somewhat disturbing as the game needs some serious work for PS3 owners and now with more dlc Xbox 360 users are starting to hit a wall.

Source?

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    The twitterz:
    Paul Cross‏@crossieRS @BOsbun We don't have any plans to release more patches at the moment.

Well if this is the case, I am demanding a refund due to me not able to play my game. With all the DLC I paid for will net me around ~$110 or so.

If they don't patch it, I can't play it. If I can't play it, I want my money back

*edit*
    Also, called UBI today and the Tech told me that Steam allows free patches to their games, unlike PS3 and Xbox... which APPARENTLY costs $30,000 per patch. Fork over the money UBI, fix your **** game.

shihdo's Avatar Senior Member
    bad P.R. would not have expected such a blunt reply, but at least it lets us know where we stand.
    I guess the balance of my psn wallet can go elsewhere.

KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm happy to get a clear unambiguous response for once - some news at all is good news, even if its bad news
    What it means however is another thing,

Maybe RS 1 s now officially a finished article? (Sorry for your troubles PS3 and X-Box freeze people but we have your money now and your platform is now heading out to pasture - see ya).

Maybe they're focusing on RS2 on PS4/xbox720 and all will be well - we'll just forget about the broken RS1 experience,. How could we resist?

Maybe they're happy to collect the DLC money until it runs out of momentum

What has impressed me though is that the games industry, perhaps because most of their customer base are children are with poor impulse control and an eroded understanding of their rights as consumers, seems to think that they can do what they like and we just have to suck it up.
    Can you imagine this sort of nonsense with a washing machine or a car or any other consumer device aimed at adults?

Game doesn't work - never mind, there'll be a new one soon It'll be great, you'll love it.

Can't migrate DLC - too bad - can't be done - never been done, so can't be done. Totally impossible

Want a patch to fix PS3 freezes - forget it. Very expensive to do you know - those mean old channel partners charge a fortune. Not our fault, oh no

Want to get some direct communication on the official game forum - nope,wait for somebody to post it on twitter and hopefully it'll work its way here eventually. (As an aside where's that so-called community development guy MIke.RS.Comdev? What does he do all day? Why is everything 2nd or 3rd hand from twitter etc.)

Why does nobody ever address the pages and pages of complaints on here.

Why am I so cranky today?

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    That confirms Rocksmith 2 for me. Patches can only do so much.

Not sure I'll be interested in RS2 given their track record on this one, but if its the only real guitar game on my next gen console I'm sure I won't be able to resist though.

Sure makes the mental anquishing to buy DLC or not easy now though. No more DLC for me. I have no confidence my 360 isn't fast approaching PS3 status with DLC and until I know if my RS1 DLC can be used in RS2 or not, I won't be buying it.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    The "track record" is the result of a deadline being pushed. You innovate and then you perfect.

Toy - I'm not talking about the bugs. I write software for a living and for a hobby for almost 20 years. Bugs will always exist and there is no such thing as bug free software. I'm talking about lack of support, acknowledgement of bugs, and fixing of those serious bugs after the fact. I don't expect new revamped faster menus or new bells and whistles, but I expect what I bought to work and if something doesn't work it should be addressed. Unlike you I do not view Ubisoft as a charity. I will not give my money to Ubi just to support it. It give my money to Ubi because I am buying a product. A product that should work. PS3 users should be pissed, byeond pissed. I expect that if they take the time to release a $5 patch (because that is exactly what it was) to give you content, they will also spend the time to patch to give you that same content if you already earned it. I expect if they accidently take something away in a patch (bass patch removed Vasoline combo 2) that they take the time to give it back. But more importantly, if I'm PS3 I just expect a working game.

I think my expectations are reasonable. Ubi did not achieve reasonable support. I'm also very forgiving. I know how hard it is to fix some of these bugs sometimes and I know how hard it is to support code across various different platforms, if I thought Ubi was even trying my opinion would be different. I saw a little effort until bass/PC was released but after that I saw zip.

Deadlines work as an excuse for a sloppy product, it does not work as an excuse for poor support of anything after the fact.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... Last ►►