LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member

Is the red sash a big deal to the Assassins?

Yes, this is an incredibly random question.

It's been a long while since I played AC1, and maybe it was mentioned there, but what's up with the red sash that every playable ancestor has worn at their waist? Is there some significance? I mean, it's been literally the ONLY constant in the Assassin garb except the hidden blade.

montagemik's Avatar Senior Member
    LOL , Can't actually remember if Al mualim mentions anything in AC1 perhaps .......he mentioned lots of traditions of the order .......

Maybe it signifies the blood that must be spilled to maintain the purity of peace .........Sounds plausible .

I don't know how important is is to them, but it's pretty important to me. It, along with the hooked-beak hood, are very important and iconic when I think about the Assassins. Edward should have a hooked hook as well!

AherasSTRG's Avatar Senior Member
    Interesting...

No idea what it means to them in-game but it really has become iconic and I would hate for the devs to ever ditch it.

EDIT: for adding to OP

TheHumanTowel's Avatar Senior Member
    I think it's just the one motif that's the easiest to carry on to different time periods. The hood and all looks out of place in some settings.

On a side not seeing all the outfits reminds me that Brotherhood is the worst outfit in the series. It looks like a prawn cracker.

Bastiaen's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by TheHumanTowel Go to original post
    I think it's just the one motif that's the easiest to carry on to different time periods. The hood and all looks out of place in some settings.

On a side not seeing all the outfits reminds me that Brotherhood is the worst outfit in the series. It looks like a prawn cracker.
    Sad panda... Brotherhood was my favorite.... Roman Stone, wetlands ebony, Roman Gilded Onyx!

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Cause its coool!

Eternal Reward's Avatar Senior Member
    Probably what Montage said.

Something to do with blood, and purity is commonly symbolized by white, or their robes.

Escappa's Avatar Senior Member
    Nah...I'll go with Pacmanate's theory

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►