FirestarLuva's Avatar Senior Member

Number of people who want a sequel for Connor/Ratonhnhaké:ton! (Ubisof come see this)

http://wolfkininitiative.tumblr.com/...-connor-kenway

Just browsing around tumblr and came across a post saying;
    'Reblog if you want to see a sequel for Connor kenway'
    And then I look at the notes;

12,572,667 NOTES

POSTED 12:31 AM ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6, 2013

WHAT?! Is this a joke? That's even more than the copies AC3 sold...don't tell me these are the same people who voted for Connor at the Virgin media awards? If they are, **** where have all you people been? Ever since AC3 was released Connor lovers were overshadowed by the haters.
    I guess Connor really is popular and does have many fans...somewhere out there...

ACfan443's Avatar Senior Member
    12 million notes! What?!

Connor is loved.

Could you explain what a note is for someone who has never used tumblr?

Originally Posted by Sushiglutton Go to original post
    The number of times it's been reposted/reblogged/shared (whatever you want to call it) and liked.

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    A Note is any reblog of the post, with or without additional comment.

I suspect this has been pranked with a reblog script. Even if there are 12m fans (most of whom would presumably be players of pirated versions), there's no way they're all on Tumblr.

This campaign is now worthless.

Originally Posted by ACfan443 Go to original post
    The number of times it's been reposted/reblogged/shared (whatever you want to call it) and liked.
    Can one person repost/reblogg/share it multiple times, or does this means 12M+ individuals have actively done something?

BATISTABUS's Avatar AC Expert
    Even if you divide this in half (the same person can like and share a post and both count as notes, I'm not sure if comments count as notes), that's still 6 million (2 million at the least, assuming everyone liked AND shared, along with commenting assuming that counts as a note as well which most people don't do). That's a crazy amount...I'm not even sure how this is possible.

Sorry to rain on this, but I'm pretty sure it didn't start out as a "Please bring Connor" back post. The original post is long gone, and someone, seeing how many notes it was getting, must've changed it to make it seem like that's what it was.

There are a total of about 70 million accounts on tumblr. I HIGHLY doubt that 1/7 of them are Assassin's Creed fans. (In fact, they probably don't even reach past a few thousand.)

Can one person repost/reblogg/share it multiple times, or does this means 12M+ individuals have actively done something?
    Not sure, my knowledge of tumblr is very basic. If you can, it explains why there's more notes than there are sales.

Originally Posted by DoubleclickTF Go to original post
    A Note is any reblog of the post, with or without additional comment.

I suspect this has been pranked with a reblog script. Even if there are 12m fans (most of whom would presumably be players of pirated versions), there's no way they're all on Tumblr.

This campaign is now worthless.
    Yeah it's completely unreasonable. If you assume the game has sold 15M (which is a high assumption) and then remove all who didn't like Connor, are not active on tumblr, don't care enough to do something active, etc you can't possibly end up at 12M.