(spoilers!!!) Edward Kenway....

So i was reading the assassins creed wiki on him and apparently (SPOILERRRRRRRR) he dies when two men break into his house and kidnap his daughter. is this true and how is this confirmed?

Assassin's Creed Forsaken novel, read it.

wow well that just ruined black flag for me > he looked like he would would be pretty close to ezio for me.

Originally Posted by C Murder 20 Go to original post
    wow well that just ruined black flag for me > he looked like he would would be pretty close to ezio for me.
    What's the problem with having an original unique character?

no its not that. its the fact that no matter what happens or how bad *** i may seem in this game i will get murdered by 2 low life kidnappers in my own home.... leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Originally Posted by C Murder 20 Go to original post
    no its not that. its the fact that no matter what happens or how bad *** i may seem in this game i will get murdered by 2 low life kidnappers in my own home.... leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Later in life, not in the game cause as far as I remember Animus cannot show death and he dies when Haytham is ~18 years old I believe so plenty of time. Even Ezio died...and I'm still suspicious about that >_>

i guess man. it just rubs me the wrong way -.- maybe im just being stupid but thats how i feel at least

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by sidspyker24 Go to original post
    Later in life, not in the game cause as far as I remember Animus cannot show death and he dies when Haytham is ~18 years old I believe so plenty of time. Even Ezio died...and I'm still suspicious about that >_>

I'm 99% sure that picture was doctored. I've examined that scene frame by frame on my copy of Embers, but I can't make out a Templar cross there in the film. Besides, poison wouldn't kill him that fast and he was already clutching his chest and wheezing before the guy ever showed up.

Anyway, on-topic, they could easily retcon Edward's death, or at the very least, the circumstances surrounding it. They already did it once for Rodrigo Borgia in the AC2 novel. In the original version, he killed himself with poison while Ezio was in the vault.

Originally Posted by LoyalACFan Go to original post
    I'm 99% sure that picture was doctored. I've examined that scene frame by frame on my copy of Embers, but I can't make out a Templar cross there in the film. Besides, poison wouldn't kill him that fast and he was already clutching his chest and wheezing before the guy ever showed up.

Anyway, on-topic, they could easily retcon Edward's death, or at the very least, the circumstances surrounding it. They already did it once for Rodrigo Borgia in the AC2 novel. In the original version, he killed himself with poison while Ezio was in the vault.
    I took this from my own video, sir. Atleast I think I did, unsure at the moment it's been a year. Anyway he was already clutching, poison would make it easier don't you think?

And yes they can retcon that.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by sidspyker24 Go to original post
    I took this from my own video, sir.
    Well, maybe my screen is too poor-quality to display it sharply enough to see it or something, but seriously, when I looked at it I didn't see anything but a brown, shadowy blur. Anyway, the other two things about the poison and chest pain are still true. It's possible that even if he was a Templar, he may not have recognized Ezio, and was only intended as a dark reflection of him.

And we're not even sure if the guy wasn't just a hallucination...