RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member

Why the Secondary Title?

Don't mean to complain here, just wondering why we call it "ACIV: Black Flag" while AC, AC2 and AC3 had only numbers in their title without any additional names. Are they planning to make the title ACIV have more than one setting/game? for example this is Edwards time with the "Black Flag" as a pirate, later it might be "Samurai" (just an example)..etc.?

BATISTABUS's Avatar AC Expert
    I expect we'll get an answer for this on Monday.

Originally Posted by BATISTABUS Go to original post
    I expect we'll get an answer for this on Monday.
    *Goes looking for an Eye device of TWCB to know the future cuz I can't wait no more*

UrDeviant1's Avatar Senior Member
    Probably just because they don't want to announce a full on numbered title so soon after number 3. It's bad for marketing.

Originally Posted by UrDeviant1 Go to original post
    Probably just because they don't want to announce a full on numbered title so soon after number 3. It's bad for marketing.
    But it still had an IV. Honestly, I hope they drop the IV and keep only Black Flag. It would work perfectly, specially that it's so close to ACIII times period.

Originally Posted by RinoTheBouncer Go to original post
    But it still had an IV. Honestly, I hope they drop the IV and keep only Black Flag. It would work perfectly, specially that it's so close to ACIII times period.
    But if it was just called ACIV i think you'd get a lot more people questing why a full sequel is being announced so soon. Adding a title as well breaks the stigma, creates a sort of illusion.

hellomrdarcy's Avatar Member
    I kind of agree with you on this one.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by UrDeviant1 Go to original post
    But if it was just called ACIV i think you'd get a lot more people questing why a full sequel is being announced so soon. Adding a title as well breaks the stigma, creates a sort of illusion.
    Also makes the intention clearer. That there will be a lot of YARRR in this game. Like Brotherhood, Revelations.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    This too. Assassins Creed: Black Flag.. sounds perfect really. I'm holding out that the "IV" has got to do with something important happening during the modern day timeline.

Originally Posted by pirate1802 Go to original post
    This too. Assassins Creed: Black Flag.. sounds perfect really. I'm holding out that the "IV" has got to do with something important happening during the modern day timeline.
    I think the 'IV' i just down to the fact it's a new protagonist. And they've added 'Black Flag' for reasons we both mentioned above. At least that's what i'm thinking.