What going to make Black Flag's protag different?

Personally Im hoping for him to be a bit of an anti-hero. This will separate him from the previous main characters and also, anti heroes are pretty fun

Rugterwyper32's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by AllThatJuice Go to original post
    Personally Im hoping for him to be a bit of an anti-hero. This will separate him from the previous main characters and also, anti heroes are pretty fun
    I personally can see him like that. More aggressive and threatening than previous protagonists. I would like to see him being slightly sadistic to deviate a little, as well. While Altair killed because it was his duty, Ezio went from killing out of revenge to doing so as his duty and Connor not liking to kill but being forced to anyway, I'd like a character who actually enjoys that part of what he does. Perhaps eventually something could set him straight and he could realize death is not a toy, to put it one way.

Originally Posted by Rugterwyper32 Go to original post
    I personally can see him like that. More aggressive and threatening than previous protagonists. I would like to see him being slightly sadistic to deviate a little, as well. While Altair killed because it was his duty, Ezio went from killing out of revenge to doing so as his duty and Connor not liking to kill but being forced to anyway, I'd like a character who actually enjoys that part of what he does. Perhaps eventually something could set him straight and he could realize death is not a toy, to put it one way.
    Thats sounds so cliche, but so cool to the franchise.

Personally Im hoping for him to be a bit of an anti-hero.
    Both Altair and Ezio are anti-heroes. Connor is the closest protagonist to a traditional Hero the series has got.

In order words your both saying, 'let's abandon the whole basis which Assassins Creed was formed upon', and it say's it in the title, which is the CREED. Having a protagonist like this would completely go against the core of AC. Yes, he would be a little different for the franchise, but that is not what the franchise needs. Focus less on changing the character so dramatically and instead change the actual core gameplay of the game up and make the setting a bit more outlandish.

xboxauditore's Avatar Senior Member
    His name is Edward, That's pretty different.

Originally Posted by yiddo93 Go to original post
    In order words your both saying, 'let's abandon the whole basis which Assassins Creed was formed upon', and it say's it in the title, which is the CREED. Having a protagonist like this would completely go against the core of AC. Yes, he would be a little different for the franchise, but that is not what the franchise needs. Focus less on changing the character so dramatically and instead change the actual core gameplay of the game up and make the setting a bit more outlandish.
    So you think all Assassins were good guys?
    The Templars think that they are the good guys too, we are just watching from a different perspective.
    I would like very much to play as a bad guy in the AC franchise. Take the "Prototype" games as an example.

Aphex_Tim's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd like for him to be kind of a backstabbing *sshole. It would be a nice change of pace.

Originally Posted by r4inm4n1991 Go to original post
    So you think all Assassins were good guys?
    The Templars think that they are the good guys too, we are just watching from a different perspective.
    I would like very much to play as a bad guy in the AC franchise. Take the "Prototype" games as an example.
    No, they did questionable things. But they still stuck to the cores of the creed, something a pirate character won't do. I wouldn't put it past Ubisofts recent run of form to turn him into a Jack Sparrow joke character.

PandaPuff86's Avatar Member
    If he is ends up like a John Marston type of character, that's fine too.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►