1. #531
    Will_Lucky's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    962
    Originally Posted by TheHumanTowel Go to original post
    Worried about Darby McDevitt. ACR was full of dumb action moments like blowing up the harbour and Cappodoccia and that absurd parachute chase. Let's hope he's a little more restrained this time. I really really really hope there's a lot of targets. Please make the assassinations take centre stage again. Playing some AC3 again and good lord it could have been so good if the mission design was just better. All the pieces are there Ubi.
    Hey at least McDevitt can write decent Protagonists. Honestly he did a fine job on Revelations with the time given, hell he finally made the Templars look like Templars and not power crazy people like they were in AC2/B.
    Share this post

  2. #532
    Radman500's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,565
    so is corey may not working on this?
    Share this post

  3. #533
    pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Coventry, UK
    Posts
    17,492
    Originally Posted by Radman500 Go to original post
    so is corey may not working on this?
    I was wondering the same thing the other day. He just tweets loads of bull haha.
    Share this post

  4. #534
    TorQue1988's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    817
    Nice article from Gametrailers "A Closer Look at Assassin's Creed IV's Cover"
    Observation: Our flag, our boat?
    Conclusion: Could this mean that our home base will be a full blown ship. The home that comes along with?

    How awesome would that be?
    http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...reed-ivs-cover
    Share this post

  5. #535
    LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,479
    Originally Posted by Will_Lucky Go to original post
    Hey at least McDevitt can write decent Protagonists. Honestly he did a fine job on Revelations with the time given, hell he finally made the Templars look like Templars and not power crazy people like they were in AC2/B.
    Exactly. Honestly, I don't think the parachute chase would have been a decision of the writers'... More like the lead mission designer.
    Share this post

  6. #536
    SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    11,767
    Originally Posted by TorQue1988 Go to original post
    Nice article from Gametrailers "A Closer Look at Assassin's Creed IV's Cover"
    Observation: Our flag, our boat?
    Conclusion: Could this mean that our home base will be a full blown ship. The home that comes along with?

    How awesome would that be?
    http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...reed-ivs-cover
    After having a huge Villa in AC2 and a whole colony in AC3? Pretty lame, TBH.
    Share this post

  7. #537
    TorQue1988's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    817
    Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    After having a huge Villa in AC2 and a whole colony in AC3? Pretty lame, TBH.
    You are probably right, but at least it would be interesting and original. So maybe having both? I'm pretty confident there will be a colony similar to the Homstead.
    Share this post

  8. #538
    Kaschra's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,095
    Originally Posted by LoyalACFan Go to original post
    Exactly. Honestly, I don't think the parachute chase would have been a decision of the writers'... More like the lead mission designer.
    Yeah, I think so, too.
    Well, I love Revelations anyway, so... I'm happy with McDevitt as the lead writer.
    He also wrote the story for Embers - and I really love that one, too.
    Share this post

  9. #539
    LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,479
    Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    After having a huge Villa in AC2 and a whole colony in AC3? Pretty lame, TBH.
    Are you kidding? That would be freaking awesome, assuming you could upgrade it and the crewmen were real characters. One of the disappointments of AC3 was that the crew, while vital, seemed to kind of pop up out of nowhere and disappear just as quickly, and Connor didn't really know any of them aside from Faulkner and the Clutterbucks.
    Share this post

  10. #540
    TheHumanTowel's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Hood
    Posts
    2,963
    Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    After having a huge Villa in AC2 and a whole colony in AC3? Pretty lame, TBH.
    I'd prefer it honestly. It would make more sense than having him own a big swath of land and would fit with the setting. Plus you'd get practical benefits from renovating your ship.
    Share this post