Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Edward had at least two children, a daughter from his first marriage, and haytham from the second...

Kaschra's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by Megas_Doux Go to original post
    SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Edward had at least two children, a daughter from his first marriage, and haytham from the second...
    More Forsaken SPOILER

Yeah... and if the game takes place in 1715, which that one map suggests, Jenny is already like 3 or 4 years old.
    And I can't remember what happened to Edward's first wife... The Wiki says their marriage ended under unknown circumstances.
    Ubisoft. UBISOFT. You are going to kill her, aren't you?

Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    Originally Posted by pirate1802 Go to original post
    I just want a clear explanation as to why this game carries a "IV" with it. Just why? That is pretty much the only thing bugging me. It just smacks on desperation on Ubisoft's part. Like they know they screwed up with Connor and are now saying: "guys, you didn't like AC III? Ok here's another numbered game! Here's also a new and totally awesome protagonist!"

The "New era, new Assassin" tagline just makes me feel worried inside. Like they are trying too hard to impress upon us that this is something totally new (which we know it isn't.)
    I think the reason we have both a number and a subtitle this time is that, while it is a new period and ancestor (which qualify it as a numbered entry), both are related ACIII quite heavily, and probably expand on the (albeit background) story a bit, which also qualifies it as a subtitled entry.

Originally Posted by FrankieSatt Go to original post
    I started about a month ago to replay all the AC games in order again. I'm on Revelations now and I have to say that I'm enjoying the game more than I did the first time. The first time I played Brotherhood and Revelations I wasn't impressed. Now, I have a better feel for the games and they are more fun to play. I just love Ezio as a character that I have no problem playing as Ezio in 3 games.
    It's always the way. I liked ACIII better the second time around as well.

AjinkyaParuleka's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Kaschra Go to original post
    More Forsaken SPOILER

Yeah... and if the game takes place in 1715, which that one map suggests, Jenny is already like 3 or 4 years old.
    And I can't remember what happened to Edward's first wife... The Wiki says their marriage ended under unknown circumstances.
    Ubisoft. UBISOFT. You are going to kill her, aren't you?
    I know why they will kill her(Eddie's 1st wife).She be templar kiel dem all!!!!

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by Locopells Go to original post
    Same here. I think what happens is Ubi hypes it beyond limits and then when we play the game we have sky-high expectations. I've always though the best way to approach an AC game is with as low an expectation as possible

SPOILER - Jenny died a spinster and had no children from what I got out of the book. She lived alone at Queen Anne's Square. So her line died with her. By the time Haytham found her, she was too old to have kids. Possible she had children prior to Haytham finding her and they were taken away from her, but there was no mention of that. So that's just speculation. As far as the book goes, no children from Jenny's line are mentioned and thus can be viewed as her not having any. Given her personality and her ending up as a servant, I doubt she let any man touch her anyway. Somehow I doubt she was completely clueless on how to defend herself given who her father was. She claims in the book all she learned was needlework and the like, but by the time Haytham rescues her she's able to wield a knife. So either she learned while she was a slave or she picked up something from Edward. She was a pretty observant woman since she figured out Reginald was a Templar on her own apparently. I doubt she completely ignored Haytham's sword training so may have picked up something. So it's possible she could defend herself from her captors and thus never became pregnant.

Jenny's situation is similar to Altair's eldest son. All we really know is that Altair's second son had children that led to Desmond. His eldest son doesn't have any family mentioned, so as far as we know, he died childless. Possible he may have had a family as well, but it's never mentioned. Same with Ezio's son. We know Desmond descends from his daughter but did his son have children? We don't know.

And Haytham was born in 1725, Jenny was 12 years older. Thus Jenny was born in 1713 putting her at age 2 if AC4 indeed starts in 1715. Begs the question if she'll appear from time to time in AC4 as a result (be a target by the Templars perhaps along with her mother) or be ignored. Given her mother died and Edward married Haytham's mother, that event will likely occur within the game. The event was likely tragic enough for Edward to give up being a pirate assassin and settle in London for Jenny's safety. Jenny eludes to Haytham in the book about knowing what their father did prior to England but never says anything. So it's likely she was probably 6-10 or so when her mother died. If she knew her father was an assassin at that point, it makes you wonder if she found out on her own or Edward told her at a young age. She obviously knew what was going on prior to the night Edward died.

poptartz20's Avatar Senior Member
    I almost feel like the Kenways just need their own family reality TV show. Geez. They are a mess.

FrankieSatt's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mr John Dread Go to original post
    Not sure if I can post that here but if you look around the online game magazines you'll find a few articles which reveal a little mistake from Ubisoft on their countdown page ;P
    If that is the correct date that you posted than it's WAY to early in my opinion. If they REALLY wanted to get a game out this quickly they should have at least waited until early 2014. The more time you have the better off the game will be.

Originally Posted by Locopells Go to original post
    I hope that is the case for me with ACIII. After playing ACIII I was so dissapointed that I felt I had to start over again with the AC series and hope that playing the previous games would get me excited for ACIII again and hopefully change my opinion of ACIII when I play it.

kuled2012's Avatar Senior Member
    Oh wow, we will have a family and HOPEFULLY a lot of emotions..DO NOT MESS THIS UP

TheHumanTowel's Avatar Senior Member
    Worried about Darby McDevitt. ACR was full of dumb action moments like blowing up the harbour and Cappodoccia and that absurd parachute chase. Let's hope he's a little more restrained this time. I really really really hope there's a lot of targets. Please make the assassinations take centre stage again. Playing some AC3 again and good lord it could have been so good if the mission design was just better. All the pieces are there Ubi.