Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by Aphex_Tim Go to original post
    That's pretty much what made him interesting to me.
    But eehrm, why are we suddenly talking about Connor?
    because he`s so desperate, he`s scrambling for words..

roostersrule2's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pirate1802 Go to original post
    So change it up and its not a "true" AC anymore, don't change and its CoD? Seems like ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't to me..
    That's because this fan base is ****ed.

Aphex_Tim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Mate, this is the most effed up fan-base I`v had the displeasure of being a part of...
    We love you too.

Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Having a taste is not childish. I`m not pumped at all for this game. I`m waiting for news. What`s childish is the claim that your "taste" is the correct one, thus raising yourself and your "taste" above everyone else claiming you`re an elite...

don't buy it. sure and fine...but, even though you`d want it to be true and I know you cry yourself to sleep day and night dreaming about it, your opinion is just that....your opinion...and it`s equal to everyone`s..
    As a creative writing student I'd say I objectively have a more viable opinion than you do as it pretains to storytelling.

I get this is a forum for Assassin's Creed fans, but the banboy mentality in this thread is pretty alarming. If you can't tell that Assassin's Creed II - save for the multiplayer - is a bad game both from a gameplay and (especially) a story perspective, then I don't know what to tell you.

Take some writing courses, I suppose.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by AdamXEve Go to original post
    Connor is a horrible character in every conceivable way. He reaks every rule that a protagonist shouldn't break and is just generally uninteresting. And I don't blame the Native American focus. I blame the the rushing of the story, because there is no way they worked on it for three years. Hell, I doubt they worked on it for three days.
    Your opinion. Connor is awesome in my eyes.

Originally Posted by Mr John Dread Go to original post
    I agree that we don't know enough about the game to make a final judgement. That wasn't my point either. However, knowing the setting (which is quite narrow compared to the others) already opens up a lot of room for doubts. For example, as of now, we can already assume that there won't be large cities as we saw them in AC2 and ACB. I'm not saying the Carribbean is poor in culture, but something I always loved in AC were the cities and the impressive architecture. I may be wrong but I think the Carribbean at that time was way more jungle-like. Sure some like it, but that's not how AC used to be. I think that already is the loss of a key feature.
    Well I see AC as a conduit to history, our window into the past. I can see it working in vastly different settings. I liked AC III which didn't have huge cities as well. So, I like that they are changing things up. You have to, if you are insisting on yearly releases as they are.

Originally Posted by pirate1802 Go to original post
    So change it up and its not a "true" AC anymore, don't change and its CoD? Seems like ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't to me..
    My whole point is that they shouldn't experiment too much. They know very well what settings the fans want to see. Still, they discarded all those wishes and labeled them boring which is a subjective view on the things, I believe. Trying to be different for the sake of being different is a bad idea in the gaming industry in general.

To all the people who keep saying they don't understand why they chose the setting they have, a thought that came to me was that it could be their way of keeping Desmond in it for another game considering it is his ancestor after all.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by Mr John Dread Go to original post
    My whole point is that they shouldn't experiment too much. They know very well what settings the fans want to see. Still, they discarded all those wishes and labeled them boring which is a subjective view on the things, I believe. Trying to be different for the sake of being different is a bad idea in the gaming industry in general.
    There are already enough people calling AC the new CoD. If you were the dev, who would you listen to? And don't know about you, but their experiment with naval stuff I **** well loved. So I'll wait before passing a judgement on their latest experimentation.

TheHumanTowel's Avatar Senior Member
    Well I'm disappointed. I didn't like Naval in AC3 and now it seems they're making it a core mechanic in the game. They'll have to do some serious revamping if they want me interested. I don't really think it fits in an AC game either (don't jump down my throat it's just my opinion) AC's core pillars are supposed to be parkour, combat and social stealth. I'm sure there'll be tons of combat but Naval battles don't allow much parkour and don't allow social stealth at all. (Before people go mad at me I know there will be buildings and parkour on land but Naval battles are going to be one of the main mechanics in ths game so it's important) I will wait for more info but at the moment this just seems to go along with Ubi's recent trend of moving away from what to me AC is.

Originally Posted by Aphex_Tim Go to original post
    Then let's hope there will not be too much stupid Michael Bay-ish scenes in this game.
    I still can't forgive them for blowing up an entire f*cking harbor and that weird as hell parachute scene + sky fight in AC:R.
    I'm worried about this as well. I hated ACR's story and the dumb moments in it like that.

SuperLoboMau 25's Avatar Member
    Now it's confirmed, but I don't know if I'm hyped or disappointed,

-It probably won't has any stealth (I can ignore because the theme)
    -Pirate and assassin is a good combination to a character
    -In the picture of game's box the guy has nothing less than FOUR PISTOLS? 4? What the hell?
    -I like naval battles and improve the ship

I don't know if I should expect one of the best AC or the worst ever.