1. #1
    rupok2's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    461

    Please return to the old AC formula PLEASE UBISOFT!

    I just played the new DLC. I am tired of facing hordes after hordes of enemies in missions. This isn't assassins creed its slaughters creed like seriously. Even tho past ac games weren't stealthy by any means they at least gave you an option. It was very satisfying in past games to stealthy crossbow everyone or take out snipers (riflemen) with hidden blade on roofs.


    This games doesn't give you an option at all with with sauron AI who can see behind them and instantly start attacking you after seeing you for like 2 seconds. Trying to play stealthy in AC3 is so annoying that I just don't even try anymore. Not to mention the horribly glitchy stealth mechanics that get you caught most of the time. Also the mission architecture is just plain out stupid now, in past ac games most missions you learned about a target, did some crap, killed a few guards, killed a target, etc. In this game its just slaughter everyone and then go near target, don't kill him and watch a cutscene. This dlc reminded me of how terrible some of the mission types were in the original game. And what do you guys do? Put some of THE WORST mission types back in the dlc, for example the cannon mission.

    Btw while I like the ghost recon/crysis cloaking, it doesn't justify the crappy stealth mechanics and don't even think about putting that in future games. I like it for dlc but thats it. Its fun to play around with but its is very op.


    So ya thanks for reminding me why I was so disappointing in ac3 ubisoft. I was forgetting about it when I was free roaming in main game doing side quests (which is genuinely fun) but then you reminded me again with the dlc.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I wish they would but its too late.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    From the bottom of my heart, I sincerely hope, if you mean by "old formula" AC II, that they NEVER go back to it...

    If it`s AC I, then Yes please
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Gi1t's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,589
    Originally Posted by ihateyou0 Go to original post
    I wish they would but its too late.
    True, once a game becomes too content-heavy, I don't think you can go back without getting a ton of haters screaming about the lack of pointless extras in every nook and cranny of the game. -__-

    To be fair, it seems there are things they never got rid of as well as new things that fit veyr well, but the general formula of the game just seems to be broken down into too many little pieces of moment-to-moment action.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Krayus Korianis's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern New York
    Posts
    1,257
    All I read was the following:

    "WAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I CAN'T FIGHT ALL THESE PIXELATED PEOPLE! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?! WHY ARE YOU SENDING THIS MANY NPC'S AT ME?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
    Share this post

  6. #6
    RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    3,447
    I hope they bring the ACII or AC:R fighting techniques, style and atmosphere back. I hate the idea of having to fight many people just because I was seen for 2 seconds. I hope they concentrate more on the story, the gameplay and how you finish the mission not how you fight your way through the mission. I also don't understand why that whenever I tail somebody, they seem to set their radar on me of all people in the street. Just make it realistic, when you follow somebody, they don't just detect you when hundreds of people are doing just like you.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Gi1t's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,589
    Originally Posted by Krayus Korianis Go to original post
    All I read was the following:

    "WAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I CAN'T FIGHT ALL THESE PIXELATED PEOPLE! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?! WHY ARE YOU SENDING THIS MANY NPC'S AT ME?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
    That's because you're ignoring what the topic starter is saying and replacing it with what you WANT to read. -__-

    They said nothing about being UNABLE to handle the volume of enemies. (In fact, their statement about not even bothering to be stealthy anymore strongly implies the opposite.)

    This attitude is probably the one I am most tired of seeing and I think it's one of the most pervasive in holding games back; this attitude of pretending that anyone criticizing a game's mechanics is really just an inept player when in reality, they haven't said anything at all about not being able to finish the game or succeed at difficult tasks. Just because somebody doesn't like the way a game plays doesn't mean they're not able to play it just as well as anyone.

    You need to maintain the attitude that a game can get better, whether you're optimistic or you think it's got a long way to go yet. Doing as the topic starter suggests would not elimintate the option to break out into open combat at any time; you can have both options.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    3,447
    Originally Posted by Gi1t Go to original post
    That's because you're ignoring what the topic starter is saying and replacing it with what you WANT to read. -__-

    They said nothing about being UNABLE to handle the volume of enemies. (In fact, their statement about not even bothering to be stealthy anymore strongly implies the opposite.)

    This attitude is probably the one I am most tired of seeing and I think it's one of the most pervasive in holding games back; this attitude of pretending that anyone criticizing a game's mechanics is really just an inept player when in reality, they haven't said anything at all about not being able to finish the game or succeed at difficult tasks. Just because somebody doesn't like the way a game plays doesn't mean they're not able to play it just as well as anyone.

    You need to maintain the attitude that a game can get better, whether you're optimistic or you think it's got a long way to go yet. Doing as the topic starter suggests would not elimintate the option to break out into open combat at any time; you can have both options.
    I totally agree with you.

    If nobody voices their opinion about a game then no game will improve it if it had any flaws. With AC1, everyone complained about it being repetitive and BOOM we get AC2 which improved everything and yes, I share the same feelings about the combat and also the optional objectives. Now I don't bother playing in stealth, like at all,
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Originally Posted by RinoTheBouncer Go to original post
    I totally agree with you.

    If nobody voices their opinion about a game then no game will improve it if it had any flaws. With AC1, everyone complained about it being repetitive and BOOM we get AC2 which improved everything and yes, I share the same feelings about the combat and also the optional objectives. Now I don't bother playing in stealth, like at all,
    If that`s the case, I wish I was never part of this fanbase..

    AC II effed everything up for me
    Share this post

  10. #10
    SuperLoboMau 25's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    103
    I agree with the creator of topic. I prefer stealth. Anyway there are people who prefer the action way, and I guess the new fans would prefer the current style.
    I prefer even the formula of AC1 to AC3.

    I really don't think bad fight against a ton of enemies, it is already an AC's mark, but it can't happen anytime. ACB, for example there were missions you fought against a lot of wolfmen or in Borgia's castle some guards appeared and another times you explore just need kill the main target and nothing more. Assassin's Creed must be a balanced game, with moments of intense action and stealth, not Metal Gear Solid and not Devil May Cry.
    Share this post

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►